Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Just applied to join, what now?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by GeekSlash, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekSlash United Kingdom

GeekSlash Active Member

Hi, I just applied to join Nominet and applied to be a domain registrar (largely because of recent price rises by who I was using before).

So what do I do now? I don't seem to be able to apply for a tag yet because I applied to be a domain registar (did I need to do this to just register domains for myself and web design clients?).

Is this page enough to meet their requirements to become a domain registrar: http://sitearchitects.co.uk/nominet-compliance-statement/

What else will I need to do now?

Thanks for your help,
    Sean

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. miked United Kingdom

miked Active Member

Hey Sean,

As far as I recall, you have to wait for your membership application to process before you apply for a tag. To my untutored eyes your page looks useful, but remember that you have an opportunity to supply supporting information during your tag application, so don't worry if you feel you haven't covered everything just yet. And you didn't have to become a member to become a registrar... but you'd have been charged £80 + VAT to register a domain for two years, so it's good that you did!

Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.