Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Just registered as a TAG holder not too sure if it will be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

So I thought i'd go the full hog and get a tag become a member and craft it into a profitable business.

There was a lot of details in the terms and compliance relating to an ISP.

I made Nominet aware that I look to register name's for sole business purpose with the intent to resell in the premium name market thus not giving the general public the free use of registering names.

Not too sure if that was a wise thing to do but was completely honest.. lol

Do I still stand a chance of being approved??

I made Nominet aware that I look to register name's for sole business purpose with the intent to resell in the premium name market thus not giving the general public the free use of registering names.

Yeah, that'll do, or for anyone else thinking of getting a tag, just say, "this tag will be for personal use only".

I got my tag not long ago.

For the questions about how will you let customers know blah blah I just put

"tag is for my own personal use" on every one.

You will have to complete a test once they approve your submission, I found it tricky but I don't know much about anything.. all the answers are on nominet though just takes a little searching and reading.

Please do a little more research into domain names before you register any more domains though..

No offence but you seem to be jumping head into things without any sort of knowledge.

Yeah the 500 odd name's I took a pop at was a bit silly.

Hope my recent ones are a little more tight and better.

Will keep swotting up on things. :)

Yeah the 500 odd name's I took a pop at was a bit silly.

Hope my recent ones are a little more tight and better.

Will keep swotting up on things. :)

You're registering free to register domains, they're free to register for a reason..

You need to catch domains.

You're registering free to register domains, they're free to register for a reason..

You can hand register on drop days for what hasn't been caught by others and sell on the aftermarket. It's very do-able. You have to be very good at reading drop lists, that's 70-80% of the skill.

You can hand register on drop days for what hasn't been caught by others and sell on the aftermarket. It's very do-able. You have to be very good at reading drop lists, that's 70-80% of the skill.

Yes you would have to have a very good eye for what is worth something.. I imagine it takes some time and a good knowledge of the market.

Not really for newbies (including myself in that).

Every domain I'm interested in always gets caught, but I only pick out what is obviously worth something.

Every domain I'm interested in always gets caught

I see you caught one today, I had that booked with every private catcher and loaded myself grrrrr lol

Ftr?

Agree to that generally.

However, I still think sometimes you can register a "Free to register" FTR domain that is woth something but will find on more digging it was previously registered and just was not on the list of catchers (often as not high search term) or was expired greater than 92 days.

But you have to work a lot harder i.e. more hours to find these rare nuggets (but these are still not going to be as valuable as quality catchers 95+% of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom