Domain Manage

justinkcartridges.com

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by WiganWebs, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiganWebs

WiganWebs Member

Hi, I picked this up today and was wondering if it held any value? I am considering developing on it anyway, but curiosity has got the best of me - the domain has a bit of US history but I am considering bringing it to UK hosting to develop a new ink cartridge website on it.

justinkcartridges.com

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. tafuta

tafuta Active Member

4. WiganWebs

WiganWebs Member

According the the wayback machine they had the .co.uk domain/online store which was shut down in 2008 as they merged with another company. Thats all I can find out though.

How do I check for proper domain history? According to the wayback machine this .com version I have, the registration dates back to 2001 and seems to have been parked ever since, apart from 1 drop which I am assuming is 2009. It is listed in Google currently as a Just Daddy holding page. However, whois history says creation date 2009, and 1 drop since 2001.

Sorry, I dont fully understand how all this works, but I am learning - this means that according to Google, the domain age is in fact 2 years and all records are wiped if a drop occurs?

Thank you
    Terry

5. WiganWebs

WiganWebs Member

Hi, I have been doing a little bit of research and trying to find out how best to value a domain name. I was forwarded to the website called Namebio and I read that you can get a good idea of what people are willing to pay for a domain name.

I typed in ink cartridge and there was one that was recently sold called justcartridges.co.uk that was sold for $750 via Sedo.

Is this a good way to value a domain?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.