Domain Manage

Knowing when 'suspended before renewal' domains get suspended?

Discussion in 'Detagged or Suspended UK Domain Names' started by wb, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

Few questions...

1. Nominet's website says normal expiry domains are suspended after 30 days then canceled after a further 60 days. Unless I'm missing something, domains almost always drop after 92 days, so how does this add up?

Which brings me on to my next question...

2. How long after a 'suspended before renewal' domain gets suspended will it normally take for a domain to drop? Assuming that the domain is suspended for being registered to a dissolved company, and not for other reasons such as a deceased registration or for fraudulent activity.

And finally...

3. Is there a way to find out when a domain changes into 'suspended' (before renewal) status without monitoring it every day for changes? Was hoping that the 'last updated' text of the WHOIS would update accordingly, but sadly, no.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. suzi United Kingdom

suzi Active Member

Good questions! Shame there are no answers - other than this one - which isn't really an answer at all!

4. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

Anyone able to answer or am I going to have to work this one out for myself? :)

5. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

^ You can sometimes see the evidence of the manual intervention when a batch of unrelated, held over, renewal required domains all flip to suspended on the same day, despite large differences between their registration dates. Almost seems like the job is done on a whim.

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I certainly don't have any specific answers but, it's not without reason that Nominet act in response to a growing number of interventions in the deletion process

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.