Domain Manage

Ladsmags.com

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by doodlebug, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Got 3600 UK exacts last month and averages at least 3000 per month, with magazine subscriptions paying £4.50 to £7 per sign up then I think this could be a good earner ?

Just 4 sign ups per week at £5 each = £1000 per year :grin:

Views please :cool:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. davedevelopment United Kingdom

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

I like the domain but your calculations look a bit dodgy!

4. doodlebug United Kingdom

Sorry Dave I meant per week, I Googled lads mags and the top ten sites don't look that great in terms of being related to the search term so I'm thinking that a bit of paid SEO could get me a nice PR :)

Assuming I can get a top 3 ranking, 800 searches per week = 1 sign up for every 200 searches maybe :confused:

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Yep, it's a good domain, I like it. Good for an affiliate site, and the domain should look good in the SERPs and get good click though.

I regged a magazine subscription name recently, MagSub.co.uk. I am looking to corner the Practical Fishkeeping Magazine Subscription market ;)

Rgds

6. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

If you’re going to develop it try and go the gadgets and technology side of things, Traditional lads mags sales have been plummeting and are really taking a hammering and have for the past few years, Most think that there readers have progressed to the internet for there jollies as its much cheaper or free..?…

See http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=45036&c=1

Also check out
    www.abc.org.uk

They regularly publish data reports for various sectors of the industry might help see trends that are on the up so to speak ?

National newspaper reports, multi-platform reports for national newspapers and ABC bulk (free newspaper pick up) reports are issued monthly. Consumer magazine, Regional publications etc etc is issued concurrently twice a year. B2B magazine and online data is released on certificates throughout the year. So can pay to keep a look out for there data reports on the net ...

7. doodlebug United Kingdom

Accelerator >
    That's an ok name magsub, it's a suitable brandable domain for the type of product. here fishy fishy :lol:

Namealot >
    Point taken but with a minimum of 3000 UK exacts each month I am sure I will do ok with it ;)

8. doodlebug United Kingdom

I've knocked together a site now, just waiting for A records to catch up :?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.