Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

laptop use iphone internet

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Paullas, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

yes all updated.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

Must be because it is a pay monthly bolt on Paul...

I have just unlocked Internet tethering the cheeky way... It was very simple and it is all working, I'm curious though, is there any way that o2 can detect data usage / that tethering has been unlocked and then charge me for using the service in the next billing month?

Rich :cool:

4. packeted

packeted Active Member

There are a few articles out there on this. One said that o2 will be checking the usage of their cilents and if they suspect a sudden increase it then will contact them to warn them. They also mention the possibility of extra charges/disconnection. From the above it would seem they are unable to differentiate normal iPhone traffic from tethered data so I'll just ride it out and hope I slip under the radar - I'm not going to be using much traffic anyway.

5. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

If I'm honest, I only did it to see if it was possible and how easy it is... I'm still tied down to a 'three' mobile broadband contract so I wont really use it... Just handy to have for one of the 'oh I can do that' situations!

Rich :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.