Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Laptopcomputers review?

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by crazihos, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Hi folks,

I'm going to lauch this laptop site soon, just finishing off and doing some design tweeks,

I know there is a lot of experience on acorns so i'd love to hear your thoughts on it if possible?

www.laptopcomputers.co.uk/wpsite/

Many thanks

Russ

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Looks very professional mate,

I like the design, I would certainly buy from it without giving it much thought if it had some competitive prices.

4. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

looks very good mate I'd definatley use it if I was in the market for a laptop.

5. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Thanks Graeme,

Nice to get feedback, it'll have a comparison on product pages so prices should be keen.

One part i'm not sure on is the 6 images on the homepage, i'd like to jazz that section up, not sure what I can do it without cluttering it though?

6. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

7. wb

wb Well-Known Member

That site looks great, really like it. Good job done by the designer (and yourself too for inputting ideas along the way I'm sure).

If you don't mind me asking how much did Baltic charge to do it? Can PM if you prefer.

Cheers

8. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

I like it.

Personally I'd remove the rhs vertical banner ad outside of the main body and the "we also make music" top link as I think they detract from the professionalism, but overall a good looking site on a nice domain.

Ty

9. jwm United Kingdom

jwm Active Member

I wouldn't mind knowing that info as well please.

Very nice looking site.

FYI - I got a "Catchable fatal error" when I click on any of the brand logos at the top of the page.

10. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Thanks for all the comment guys,

I wondered - do you think it looks "bigger" design wise than your average WP affiliate site, its a really high search domain so in an ideal world I wanted the design to match that?

Cheers for the above advice Ty, "the we also make music thing" is a facebook and twitter feed (the blue sq will be repaced by an editors photo), I think your right though - i'll pull that and add a graphic in that space, possibly a nice pic of me:)

The banner ad was an after thought, I may remove it but i'll look for a cpm deal first, help pay the seo bill.

Will add that to the snagging list..cheers.

Balticdesign only actually did the development of the site..I'm sure he wont mind me saying that was roughly £450. He's good at design too though and is a nice bloke to work with.

The main psd design was quite a bit more and was done by formecreative in Bham. I work with them a lot find them great to work with.

If anyone wants more info on either the developer or to see work the designers have done for me pop me an email: ideas at mega.co.uk and i'll be pleased to help.

In the meantime id love to hear more opinions..particluarly how it could be improved?

Thanks loads

Russ

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looks good to me, the currys advert on the right looks out of place to me. Maybe try and fit a horizontal one of the same size within the sites container?

12. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

Hi, pretty good overall, my criticism is of the header nav area

logo is a bit..well...naff IMO, text, blue background, drop shadow, nothing wrong with simple, but its a bit too simple i think especially if you paid good money for design, (thats 10 mins in photoshop)

search box could do with some padding, to push it away from the nav, (firefox on mac).

Its not immediately obvious that the brands to the right of the search are clickable, also they are only clickable on their exact size, which makes it more difficult to click them (especially on a phone) add some padding to the top and bottom, this will make the clickable area larger.

It's a little busy at the top of the page really IMO

Cheers.

13. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

I agree about the logo, it's been a sticking point as I'm not sure what would suit it. I added the handwriting "the portable pc site" to try to add a bit of interest in that section.

The padding on the search bar looks ok in ie, I'll have a play to fix that.

I didn't realise that adding padding to the logos would increase the clickable size so that's a good tip for me for future projects too, ill add that, not sure how to make it obvious they are clickable though? Ill need to have a think.

I think the 6 images on the hp could be a bit bigger so that's on my list too.

I have worse sites that people buy from so I hope that people will like this one if the content is good enough.

I guess my main question before i spend a load on review content is would you buy from it if the reviews and price
    comparisons are good?

Thanks loads

Russ

14. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Looks really good! like it a lot!

you've got some good websites! do like to see good decent websites on decent domain names! rather than good domains with poor sites on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.