Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Legal Proceedings against me

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by klap, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Just to muddy the waters here, don't Sedo's domain sale contracts work to German law?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

+ 1, also agree that it's a really stupid move posting the domain name in this thread...best to do the honourable thing and sell at the original price to the first buyer as there's every chance you'll spend more than the difference in legal fees!

4. D600

D600 Active Member

You could plead that sedo made a mistake in communication, I would read up on similar cases and the agreements with sedo and make your own judgement as to what to do.

£3k is a lot so I wouldn't just give up especially when they have just made an offer to purchase, bit I a joke if you ask me and I don't believe their agreements are going to be that binding

5. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Yes - in English law "Consideration" = acceptance of payment (including authorised agents) Is the obligation point for a contract of sale

6. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Emails exchanged is certainly not proof of a sale or indeed obligation to buy it needs to be verbal or written contract and not implied or conditional via the other side eg I'll buy once i see this or that is not agreement to purchase or an obligation to sell as i read it neither buyer or seller came to full agreement seller said I want this, Buyer said i'll pay this subject to that, Seller says I'll let you look at this but i'm also talking offer from these very messy ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  7. newly listed!

newly listed! Active Member

Let them have it for £12k and call it quits. next time just ensure not to have the price mess about up and down as its too much of a hassle as you can see. Just have a set price and stick with it.

If sedo worked out the currency conversion wrong would that be their fault initially/liable for their mistake?

At the end of the day, take a step back and look at the £12k cash in your hands and on the table and just think 'thats far more than me paying out £8 per year reg out of my pocket..'

That way your calling their bluff.. If they still refuse at £12k offer and call it a day and bring a close to this matter, you can use that in court as proof of you offering the reluctant opportunity to let it go for the minimum stated price in discussions and then you can prove in court they are causing you unwarranted distress and hassle..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  8. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

Where's this £12k come from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.