Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Legitimate use for an additional tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Nominet will grant an additional tag to distinguish between names that are for sale, and those that are just being "held" for later use? I'm thinking that the two different tags would have different URLs that show up in the Whois, helping to distinguish the two types of domain.

Also, does having more tags mean that we would have to negotiate separate credit limits, and manage separate bills for each tag?

Yes, I used to have two on the same account, as all under same account the same limit etc applied. So the limit applied to both as a total, could have £800 on one and £200 on another if the limit was £1000.

Last edited:
I do it. You get monthly invoices for each tag - registrations & renewals. Credit limit is per membership not tag.

Just to add, in case anybody thinks anything dodgy is going on. The DAC quota. is per membership not per tag. Having 2 tags will not increase your quota.

It's all becoming much clearer. Thanks, everybody!

Edwin,

I almost do what you suggest.

I have two TAGs and use them to distinguish between business use (typically domains for sale although some won't be) and personal domains which are used primarily for email and are typically based on my name

I don't think there is a limit on how many you can have. Can't remember the process but pretty easy to get another if I remember correctly

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom