Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Looking for ideas to give 123reg a richly deserved kicking in the bolx

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by singlefile, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singlefile

singlefile Active Member

several months after reg' some names they're still not on my control panel, yet the whois shows them as mine, tag and dns all correct. tw@s.

123reg may as well have their "customer service" [ha!] email accounts monitored by a chimpanzee, in terms of how effective they are. they have not replied to over 10 mails sent about this over several months.

i am not going to let them win by paying through the nose on a premium line, so am thinking of courses of action such as credit card company complaint [non delivery of service], trading standards, nominet, small claims incl a recompense [for time spent writing emails to a brick wall]. anybody else with any experience of this, and /or who may be more clued-up than me, as to how to twist their nuts most effectively?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. developdomains United Kingdom

developdomains Well-Known Member

i tried this with fasthosts once....

phone sales and ask for a quote on 10 dedicated servers with unlimited bandwidth restrictions and SQL server on each (ie the most expensive packages). they will run around like blue ass flies getting quotes etc. when they email you back, ask them to fone u.

when they ring, put them on hold (just like they do to you) then tell them u have changed ur mind and need 20. when they say "well its twice the price" say u have had a quote of £xxxx and ask them to go and requote. keep doing this as many times as you want (i did twice to fasthosts) then tell them that you have sold the business.....

needless to say fasthosts respond rather quickly now to my emails :)

another thing is to ring sales and tell them that you want to speak to support, they normally put u straight through....

Justin

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

If they are .co.uk domains, I would seriously consider just TAG transferring them to another company because there is something seriously wrong with the basic functionality such as web forwarding and e-mail forwarding, and customer customer service, at 123-reg at the moment.

If you are considering sticking with them, I would also suggest putting something in writing and posting it to them - it's harder to ignore than an e-mail. If you don't get a response from that then find out the name of a senior person working in the company and write to them directly.

Good luck.

Rgds

Accelerator

5. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

Sue the bassas, I am still waiting refunds from July.. I'll be sending 7 day written notice to the directors within the next few days...

6. Hazel Pegg

Hazel Pegg Active Member

There appears to be something seriously wrong with 123-reg FULL STOP.

A client of mine renewed a .org with them, paid with his credit card and even received a receipt from them. Then they let the domain lapse and it has been picked up by a dropcatcher who has parked it at Sedo.

123-reg offered him a refund of his renewal fee - which he has refused to accept. He also seems minded to use the courts, though his chances of getting the name back must be about zero.

Hazel

7. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

The best way is to transfer all your names away from them :)

As soon as I have my register working thats what i'm going to do.

8. cpr

cpr Member

Can anyone recommend a good .co.uk registrar?

9. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

try heartinternet.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.