Domain Manage

lullaby.co.uk + .uk rights

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by newbie, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie United Kingdom

newbie Active Member

Hello,

lullaby.co.uk

I picked up this domain name a couple of years ago with a view to developing it but alas, I just did not have time. Since then things seem to have changed somewhat with the release of the .UK extension. Thankfully I have .UK rights with this domain.

Any ideas what this domain might sell for or value?

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. humble pie United Kingdom

humble pie Banned

At first I didn't like it, but actually it's a good name for any baby related product/website service - I think very brandable in that sector. Price wise, I'd like to see it get £500 at least, but its about timing and its not a really strong domain sellers market at the moment so it might not reach your expectations.

4. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

It's so subjective with brandable domains, but it's certainly a good one. A really pretty name. Mid £xxx to low £xxxx I'd say depending on luck and timing.

5. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I actually really like it too, with brandables I always take into consideration the other major TLDs or TLD's that I like to keep tabs on.

With the .com redirecting to some spammy advertising/affiliate page and the .co for sale on Sedo for 800USD id be uncertain what to do. ( More because of the .com )

Id hazzard a guess that Mid xxx might be worth a punt for someone that has a plan.

6. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

I like it as a brand name.

I wonder though if the expectations for viewing a website called Lullaby are pretty much for a baby/toddler site? Maybe a perfume (there's a trademark for that line of product)??

Lullaby makes you think of making someone, typically a child, calm and sleepy ...so maybe suited to beds, bed linen etc.

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

As this is an appraisal, rather than a 'for sale' ad, I would say that there is an existing trademark in place which protects classes that include bedding, light shades etc.

The brand however is great, but I suspect the above would prevent production of, and possibly even the sale of certain products.

8. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

It would be good for a taser manufacturing company :) or tranquilizer sales/manufacture

9. spiderspider

spiderspider Active Member

I like it. As others have said, would be great for a baby brand.

High XXX low xxxx undeveloped.

Will send you a PM with another recommendation.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.