Domain Manage

Make an offer.

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by foz, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Rather than "make offer", could their be a change of mindset to "request price" or at least an option for it?

"make offer" sounds as if the seller will accept a buyers viewpoint on a domains value, whereas "request price" changes the sales process to "I as the seller will value this domain from my perspective and when required".

I haven't the time to price all the domains in my account, but I can value or quote when a particular party does show interest.

"make offer" does sound desperate too.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I fully agree with your comments, I too take a fair amount of time and effort, usually a couple of hours before arriving at a value for a domain once interest is expressed. I get a fair amount of satisfaction from knowing i'm offering a perspective buyer at least a good purchase price - which isn't just off the cuff - and that pricing method has rarely let me down.

I'm considering relisting my domains at Sedo I removed the sample 100 or so listed because of the constant £/$ 50 offers a few years ago. Guess the only real alternative at the moment is using something similar to the "buy domains" template

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.