Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Make WP mobile friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main website runs on WP and need to know the steps to get it mobile friendly in line with the big G requirements.

Is this simply a case of finding the correct plug-in or am I being overly optimistic...

I didn't want to change from my current theme so I used a plugin called mobile smart

I also had to get a responsive theme that was mobile friendly

Mobile smart looks like this

http://i.imgur.com/JLRfVbG.png

So you just have your normal theme active and then in mobile smart you choose the responsive mobile friendly theme you want

Obviously you might want to edit the new theme a little bit too

Also you can choose to use the responsive theme on tablets

Admin was kind enough to help me with it all

Thanks for that Murray.

I think it may not be as straight forward though...my theme was a custom one which i had skinned some 4 or 5 years ago.

Are plug ins you mention likely to work with?

Thanks for that Murray.

I think it may not be as straight forward though...my theme was a custom one which i had skinned some 4 or 5 years ago.

Are plug ins you mention likely to work with?

Well, the way I've done it and described, the theme you would use for your mobile version would be totally separate from your current theme, so would need to be customized to match it in style etc

I don't know if you have any fancy stuff on your site currently that would need to be specially replicated on the mobile version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom