Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

manutd-fc.com for £50!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thefinn, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefinn

thefinn Member

Hi, I am new and have come here from Sedo.co.uk. I own manutd-fc.com and some idiot on Sedo offered me £50 to buy it. I wanted to put in a offer back to him but there was a limit of £10,000, which is well below its value, so I couldn't make a counteroffer. So what do you think it is worth? I am looking to sell the package of the top 45 clubs in the UK (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, etc) but where do you start? I set them up as a football portal (www.footymail.com) but have no business, hence the reason to try and ship them out as a job lot. But I can't decide whether to sell the cream of the crop off individually or try and get a big buying for the lot. Where can I sell a pool of valuable domain names?

Comments and advice welcome.

P.S. I am an Aston Villa fan so guess I can't offend anyone with that allegiance

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

I always thought you could counter-offer as high as you want, you just cant list a domain with a price higher than £10k without getting a sedo appraisal done???

Grant

4. thefinn

thefinn Member

counter-offer limit

I think that would make sense, but it stopped me from trying (unless I did something wrong). If enough of us agree that counter-offers should be open, maybe we could raise it as a recommendation to them. In the mean time if someone makes another silly offer for it (say £5 so I know its from this forum) I can try to test the counter-offer limit again. Alternatively if you don't like that, tell me one of your domains I can make a silly offer on and see if you can counteroffer over £10,000.

5. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

I'd gladly help you test it but I've deleted my entire portfolio from Sedo and vowed never to use them again following their massive decline in customer service :)

Grant

6. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

I counterbid £1.2 million the other day and it wasn't a problem.

Though it was some time ago because I also have a low opinion of sedo customer service and have only a couple left in there.

yesterday

7. thefinn

thefinn Member

Are Sedo so bad!

I have sold 4 domains through Sedo and found them pretty good, however I do ring them direct in Germany. You guys seem to have moved your business elsewhere. Who do you rate as the best auction market place to sell domains?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.