Domain Manage

Market update for gTLDs

Discussion in 'General Board' started by packeted, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packeted

packeted Active Member

Hey folks,

I've been in to domains since the late 90s and have dabbled in com/net/org and UK's, including at one point UK drop catching until I got tired of it.

Life caught up and I've been out of the markets for a while, but recently I've been getting a lot of random interest, particularly in my LLL.net's and LLLL.com's including some pretty reasonable offers.

I was wondering if anyone had any insights on where the market currently is for these kind of domains (and also LLL.co.uk/.uk's that I own a few of). Are there minimum reseller prices people are seeing in these categories? I'm actually tempted to liquidate a large part of my portfolio but don't want to sell myself short!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    packeted

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

UK lll's seem to be holding reasonably firm, suggested prices being around £200 for less favourable letters, and £500 for the better letters - reseller prices only, based on best guess averages. End-user values mostly around low 4 figures I'd say.

In terms of resellers though, it does seem to be the same handful of buyers for those sold on domainlore, so providing they continue to acquire, prices should remain about level.

Can't really comment on .com's, though prices do continue to rise, but I'm not sure how long they can be sustained, poor letter combination lll .com's at minimum £30k seems like madness to me!

Drop me a PM with your portfolio, wouldn't mind considering a batch purchase if you are liquidating.

4. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

If you've got .com's which have the right characteristics of the Chinese buyers currently buying up the market then for god sake do not accept any "reasonable private offers"...........could be shooting your self in the foot.

Do some research and feel free to send me a thank you fee if you hit a big one ;)

5. packeted

packeted Active Member

Thanks guys.

Any ideas on where best to sell LLLL.com's to Chinese buyers at market prices?

6. noonoo1

noonoo1 Active Member

Some great info on http://gtld.link

Try http://namepros.com as well.

There are people that have made 6 figures on their portfolios in the last month.

I have 15 lll.co and 1 nnn.co and i am being offered silly money for these compared to 2 months ago.

Read this great bit of reporting: http://s.bl-1.com/h/sVDzLV9?url=htt...r.com/china-is-buying-up-the-internet-2015-11

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.