Domain Manage

Mediation

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by retired_member6, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Talk about mining for information.

Right, mediation. I see stats about how many cases don't pass the mediation stage and so forth but very little about who was involved, the content and the result which is understandable.

However it would be good to hear from some who have been through this stage and not ended up in front of the beak and to learn more on the following topics, without obviously stating specifics;

What was your result? did the complaint drop or did you surrender, was a fee agreed? was the domain transferred or released and so on... only if you fancy enlightening me a little, wipe on, wipe off. :mrgreen:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Have a chat with user tifosi on this one :)

4. Michael Penman

Michael Penman Member

DRS Mediation and confidentiality

Please would ex drs-parties remember that the DRS mediation is a confidential process. Mediation works in large part on trust, and a lot of that trust is built in proper confidentiality.

The DRS Procedure (which of course forms part of the Ts & Cs) makes this clear at part 7

Important Edit: Please also see part 7c, which makes clear that the _existence_, nature and terms of any settlement are confidential unless the Parties (both) specifically agree otherwise.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mike

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Which is why I stated specifics are not required, feel free to mention results and end product though, no names no pack drill. It helps us all out.

6. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Understood, which is why my original post centred on the overall process and not the details, other than stating that they could be found as such within the public DRS expert decision.

Saying that, the mediation process was useful if not in the end productive. It's simply a way of trying to bring together the 2 parties. The mediators are impartial in this. They give no advice on the validity of the DRS other than within the policy/procedure. The mediation process does not effect the expert opinion, and anything said in mediation stays there and does not go to the expert.

S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.