Domain Manage

Mini ipad advice

Discussion in 'General Board' started by cm1975, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

My daughter has been saving up money and apple store vouchers for a new mini ipad. She's got enough for the older mini ipad, but not enough for the new version.

Is there enough of a difference to justify the extra money?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. AssetDomains United Kingdom

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

I'm not really an apple fan my sister got the original mini at Christmas seems like a nice little piece of kit.
    This review seems suggest it might be worth it seems expensive for a small tablet though.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-mini-2-vs-ipad-mini-1192543

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

The Mini 2 is a faster higher spec machine with a much better screen. However, there is also another consideration in that if your daughter can save up more she could get a 32GB Mini 2 while the Mini is only sold at 16GB via Apple these days.

Here's another comparative review http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/tablets/3475131/ipad-mini-2-vs-ipad-mini-review/

The snag may be if she's got Apple vouchers she can't shop around to other outlets that may have better deals on the "old" version (unless they also take Apple vouchers)

5. Edwin

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  6. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

7. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

I walked straight into pc world like the clueless muppet that I am and bought the original ipad 16gb mini for the other half xmas prezzie @ £200

To be honest from someone who loathes apple products, for general browsing etc was impressed with speed and build quality - I mean how good does it need to be if you just want to look at facebook and send some emails.

8. Edwin

I think the appeal of the higher resolution screen would come if you're watching videos, e.g. iPlayer in HD.

9. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

What does she want/need it for?

If cash is a concern and she's only going to send emails, browse the net and use Facebook or Twitter then it would surely make sense to buy the cheaper/older one... or if she can overlook Apple altogether the money would stretch further with a different brand (although would obviously leave you stuck with some Apple vouchers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.