Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Monetising Gaming Related Site?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by Jamie101, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie101 Ireland

Jamie101 Well-Known Member

Anybody on here know a good way of monetising a gaming related site (as in a flash game, not gaming news etc.)?

I set up a site a few weeks ago and today it jumped up on Google and now is getting 600+ uniques a day. Currently I'm using Adsense but it's not doing great.

I was thinking about finding some sort of gaming site that pays per sign up or something? But then again my site is just about 1 particular flash game so not sure if that would work!

Jamie.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. khalid

khalid Well-Known Member

Pm me the URL ill take a look

Few friends have gaming sites and there's various monetization methods:

- Adsense
    - pop unders
    - interstital
    - cpm
    - in game adverts

4. bermuda

bermuda Member

Your website has good potentials and since the niche can be very lucrative, there are other ways than AdSense to monetize your pages. Google can be the choice but as you have mentioned, sometimes even when a site enjoys decent traffic, not many visitors click on the ad units. By the way, have you considered earning commissions through directly selling the games to the users? For example, offering discounts and joining referral programs offered by original developers of the titles.

This way, when you put the packages of game trials on your site which naturally offers limited entertainment, then you can offer discounts on the titles, and use your affiliate ID to redirect the users to the websites of game developers. Also, if you believe your site is going to have even better traffic, you can install an ad-serving script on your site and commence selling ad spots to the advertisers. In the meanwhile, get in touch with major game studios, some of them could become your sponsor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.