Domain Manage

Monetising

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by doodlebug, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Ok People,

I see some parked domains making 10 pound per month plus
    I don't really promote my parked domains but would like them to at least pay for themselves at reg fee.

I was using Sedo and Namedrive but now only use Namedrive and i am sticking with them.

Eg, i have gamblingaccounts.co.uk surely i can cover reg fee with this :confused:

I admit i'm crap at parking :oops: ( Domains ) :grin:

Any tips on monetising Thanks !!!!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

You should only park domains that have some form of traffic. They will have traffic because of one or more of these:

- type in traffic

- back links from other websites (which may slowly disappear if the site is parked)

- search engine rankings/links (which may drop off if the site is parked)

If you're registering new domains from nothing, you're most likely only going to have type in traffic. If the domain isn't generic, the type in traffic will probably be low or non existant.

You're not really allowed to promote your parked pages, so your best bet would be to develop some mini sites on them. There's a huge thread on minisites on the forum - have you considered trying that?

4. doodlebug United Kingdom

Thanks,

I've always wondered what's the point in parking ?

I regged a domain with 4400 backlinks, then found out everyone was a sig link leading from a music forum to a bands site, got some traffic but hardly any clicks :( all links died within 1 month.

Was tempted to purchase links to my sites but know your not allowed loads of links :(

I've made a couple of mini sites just need to promote them, considering using Telivo if you have heard of them ?

Thanks for your reply 8)

5. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Telivo as a regitrar was being slated on here recently as I recall do a search for details :)

6. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

7. doodlebug United Kingdom

Skinner : I will take a look Thanks !

I've never had problems with Telivo for domains but then i only have a handful with them.

Boxerdog : I've looked at whypark before and will look again

Thanks to both.

8. DomainAngel United Kingdom

DomainAngel Retired Member

Only my opinion of course.

But I reckon that the biggest enemy of standard domains that are parked, are the so called templates, why have something with a picture on and be all happy, businessy or flowery looking? Certain Adult and really premium domains can have diff results.

The purpose is to have them click and ad, why distract them from anything else?

Sedo's standard parking look in my opinion is best, (not that im saying sedo is) and the CTR was always best for me and my very bog standard collection of names.

Remember, your visitors are unlikely to ever return by choice, thinking ooh that was a real site, I'l go back, all one hit wonders, you need to nail first time.

If you don't believe me, print out a page of links on a template page, and print out same keyword links on a standard page, sedo's if possible, do this twice for different keywords.

Get 4 subjects, can be anyone, give 2 a template, and 2 a standard, and ask them to choose a website to click if they were online. make sure you use 4 diff subjects, and do it without the other knowing, this eliminates them thinking too much.

Simply hand them over, and say imagine you were online, which link would you click.

Its not about what link they click, its about the amount of time they take to choose. I can guarantee you that the two quickest times will be the standard template.

Some may think this is overkil, but if you have domains not performing, its essential, and basic marketing skills.

If you can't be bothered, then why are you trying at all?

9. badger United Kingdom

badger Active Member

Hey Doodle...

Im not sure if you know of us - we kind of pioneered the auto-mini site back in '03 which subsequently developed into the iMODO.com parking program..

We're just about to start live testing of a new product which I think could work for you. The paint is only just drying on it, so it may still be a little buggy.

Its where the best of wordpress meets domain parking..*

*still cant think of a decent tag line :)

Anyhow, i give you DomainPress.com

Were still working on it, but the bones of it work just fine...

Here's some sites we've created ourselves:

demo1
    demo2
    demo3

And here's a page with the all themes we have available thus far:

themes

I kind of get the impression that this product will be in perpetual development - but i hope you enjoy it..

10. seanh

seanh Active Member

Looks interesting and some nice templates.
    Not sure I 'get' it though.

Whats the deal for domain owners and whats the revenue options
    Thanks
    Sean

11. badger United Kingdom

badger Active Member

Yeah, cheers Sean..

I dont really wanna crash doodlebug's thread too much - you're right to be confused - support and tutorials on the site is pretty non existant atm.. So i'll maybe start a new thread here once our guys have more stuff up.

In reply to your revenue question though, it works the same as domain parking. We pay you the lions share of any click value. We knocked up this demo for a client in about an hour yesterday. He can then build it on further himself or, if he so wishes, pay someone else to add more content or use one of our auto-content writing tools..

12. freddy Luxembourg

freddy Active Member

minisites vs basic parking

hi there,

first I would like to say that I prefer the basic sites, as less alternatives the visitor has as higher is the chance that he clicks. Thats why I like the basic sites of Sedo or Streamic, the streamic parking sites look much better and warmer to the users. I think the visitors feel at the streamic pages much more welcome.

From my personal experience I can say that these minisites are worth to investigate if you have domains with lot of traffic. Then it can make really fun doing this minisites. An example (which I am working on) IR.org gets a shitload of traffic from "infra red" and "iran", well how do you monetize it?
    To totally different types of keywords? I hope to get the best results with a splitted page for the iran-traffic and the IR-Traffic. At the moment it is a useless mix.

13. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

At least one of your sites looks remarkably like Brian Gardners Revolution theme. Is that a Mimbo lookalike too?

14. badger United Kingdom

badger Active Member

And this is a secret?

15. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

Who said it's a secret?

It was the "here are some sites that we've created ourselves" that made me chuckle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.