Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Monies.eu - any ideas on value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Monies.eu

The domain is currently undeveloped and the sedo appraisal came back at $9000.

Felt abit high for me, what would you think?

Thank you!

Does the term have a good meaning in another European language? Otherwise I don't think the valuation would stand up. From a UK perspective I think you might find it hard to sell this domain.

Rgds

I will give you 86,400 Ugandan Dollars.....

george_2_200x150.jpg

Nope, seriously I don't give it any value mate, the .eu kills what is already a borderline reg fee name.

You can never start a serious financial site on it because the term is already associated with a scam.

hahahahahaha LMAO! I completely understand what you guys are saying, i felt that way too. and it even reminded me of that fonejacker programme on tv with the nigerian scammer guy lmao.

i have no idea what sedos game is appraising low qual domains at such stupid amounts.

thanks for your help its well appreciated :)

Did you pay them for the appraisal or was it a free evaluation?

Well the thing is, last time i used their 'free price suggestion' tool i used it on my Actresses.eu domain and it stated £10k+ suggestion and it suggested that i pay for an appraisal to see if this limit could be lifted in the event that the paid appraisal values it at more... this paid eval came back at around £14k from what i can remember a month or so back when i got it done..

so this morning i thought id see what their free suggestion tool advised on the Monies.eu and its saying $9000 which i was suprised by, as you can prob guess, i was really willing to pay for the futher valuation for my Actresses.eu domain as its a good sounding name but im not too eager at all on doing so for Monies.eu as i wasnt expecting it being a winner to many people really..

I'm no expert on .eu's but I'd keep your money in your pocket mate. Appraisals mean nothing really, you will get better advice here free of charge.

I'm no expert on .eu's but I'd keep your money in your pocket mate. Appraisals mean nothing really, you will get better advice here free of charge.

Yeah thats true, thanks mate. I've been building my portfolio since 2007 and never ever paid for an appraisal ever but decided to as i thought to myself that this is an eu domain were talking about here i guess i should see what they claim if i were to pay etc just as a test really..

thats why i signed up on here for a few price valuations but find it a little hard to list numerous domains that i own for people's suggestions without glowing red and becoming 'infamous in these parts' lol. so ill do one now and again as i go along :) thank you for your time, much appreciated! :cool:

Last edited:
Worthless appraisal, name doesnt mean anything in english, danish, dutch, german, french or spanish... Sorry this is as far as my language knowledge reaches so cant judge about other languages :)

Like most appraisals, automated appraisals are useless, manual appraisals could be valuable but are still in the eye of the beholder

yep, pretty much worthless i thought.
not so much whats after the dot as before, as if we're really honest, what would this really be worth even in .co.uk?

yes, it's the plural of money but its such a rarely used word

one scary stat i read other day was the most popular cctld sold on sedo was .eu :eek:, after .de
apparently they are shifting. now i only own 2, but i may have to see if any juicy ones have dropped :)

anyway. i really did think this was a hideous domain,(still do) but i think i found you a potential lead: www. monies.dk/boutique/ :D

they have a lot of boutiques
its also a dictionary word, they stole from 'our' language :D
so i think on safe ground

worth a pop. then drop this monster. go low $500 or so, and you may just flog it
because they have shops in europe they may be interested
if you're lucky, mines a fosters
lol

anyway. i really did think this was a hideous domain,(still do) but i think i found you a potential lead: www. monies.dk/boutique/ :D

they have a lot of boutiques
its also a dictionary word, they stole from 'our' language :D
so i think on safe ground

worth a pop. then drop this monster. go low $500 or so, and you may just flog it
because they have shops in europe they may be interested
if you're lucky, mines a fosters
lol

Haha! They are resorting to stealing words that we hardly use just in the hope no1 notices haha.

righteo will type up a small email for it tomorrow and try and see what they say.. Ill keep you updated, if i get a sale ill fire over a 10% referral fee your way :)

ah, dont be soft
you can buy me a cold one if i ever make it to one of these drinkypoos

just promise not to reg anymore crappy .eus and dont waste your time with appraisals. no serious domainer uses them or takes any notice of them, they are designed to scam you somewhere along the line
take sedo for example :D

ah, dont be soft
you can buy me a cold one if i ever make it to one of these drinkypoos

just promise not to reg anymore crappy .eus and dont waste your time with appraisals. no serious domainer uses them or takes any notice of them, they are designed to scam you somewhere along the line
take sedo for example :D

hahaha! .eu's have definitely been banned on my part now, i was just tinkering with them to see how a few did on seo trialing etc but they still dont seem very good even after 3 months..!

i have to admit, ive never been tempted to ever pay for an appraisal but sedo got me this time lol, if only they did refunds :rolleyes:

lol i never knew acorn have their own events for domainers, will definitely pop along to a few of them if can take a few days off from my business, excellent stuff!

will update you on the monies stores email soon/if i get reply lol. :cool:

Some good advice from Pred there (rep added), and it just goes to show that you should always try to maintain optimism about your domains as you never know what potential end users are out there.

Really, appraisals should always be taken with a pinch of salt, and the true value of a domain is found when you try to sell it (preferably to end users).

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts