Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Motorbike stolen last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maddening

did the police do door to door enquiries?

as more people than you realise have cctv
lots of people have little cams set up and may have caught the scrotes unwittingly
get plod to pull their finger out

i think the penalties should be traffic related

ie , when /if those responsible are caught they should do litter collection at the side of the M1 for a year
365 days, 12 hours a day
no ear defenders and no opportunity to claim damages
no pay, and for every day they are late or sick they get a year inside
or am i being too fair?

Not quite sure why having a 'not' obvious camera is a good idea, surely its better to use a camera to dissuade? Good idea all the same.

Some pics

2v9buq8.jpg

Damage to the seat and fairing where they have tried to force the back of the seat open

a0xf9j.jpg

You can see the rainbow effect caused by the petrol + water. Bike is totally flooded. We did not find the petrol cap.

nyh9jr.jpg

Completely buckled gear lever.

However the guy who brought the bike over to mine is a bike mechanic and he said as soon as any mechanics see's its had water all through the system its an instant write off.

I might be able to get the bike working again as a rat bike, but it will cost and be a lot of effort for something which will never look as good as the original.

Such a shame :/

So it isn't classed as stolen AND you get charged for having the bike recovered. You couldn't make it up...

So it isn't classed as stolen AND you get charged for having the bike recovered. You couldn't make it up...

If the police recovered it someone would have to pay, which is normally the insurance company or the person can recover it themselves..

Recovery firms don't operate for free so there costs are passed on, normally £150+VAT which is pretty expensive in my eyes

i take it you must be third party fire and theft? not comp

Just heard about this and I'm gutted for you. I hope you get some good news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom