Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My domains reviewed on Domainsherpa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys

Don't know how many of you are fans of domain sherpa, but I took the step of having my portfolio reviewed for a charitable donation. The sherpas were harsh but fair I think and it has given me renewed focus when buying/renewing. I think their point about 'second best' domain is a good one.

Anyway, might be of interest to my fellow domainers and some of you may wish to submit your own domains, though I would only do this if you have a .com portfolio, I don't think they are strongest on the .co.uk market.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20140324/

Last edited:
Did you send your best names or just a "representative sample"?

I have a number of good adult domains that I did not send, but that was fairly representative of my non .co.uk portfolio - i have better .co.uk names but I knew they are not very hot on them. Switched my strategy to .com about a year ago so was good to get feedback on it.

I have a number of good adult domains that I did not send, but that was fairly representative of my non .co.uk portfolio - i have better .co.uk names but I knew they are not very hot on them. Switched my strategy to .com about a year ago so was good to get feedback on it.

Thanks for the detail. Their comments are pretty blunt (I'm still listening to it) but it's all good feedback I think.

Added: having listened to their whole analysis, I was encouraged to submit my own selection of domains for review, so hopefully they'll get some coverage on a future show. Nice way to get a bit of feedback and help a charity at the same time :)

Last edited:
I think it's definitely worthwhile, we tend to work in bubbles as domainers so some feedback from those who have been there and done that is really valuable.

And they are not always right, as I mention in the comments, secretmenus sold for 800 dollars late last week. But from a strategic point of view, what they had to say was incredibly valuable for me.

I think it's definitely worthwhile, we tend to work in bubbles as domainers so some feedback from those who have been there and done that is really valuable.

And they are not always right, as I mention in the comments, secretmenus sold for 800 dollars late last week. But from a strategic point of view, what they had to say was incredibly valuable for me.

Nobody is always right, but from this you get a feel of what is generally worth holding, everybody registers inferior domains, you need to know in a changing world what to keep and what to drop, and global url's unlike dot uk's don't get taken when you drop them if they are no good.

I wish bloggers would post transcripts! :(

Some of the older interviews have transcripts, but it's mainly when they've got a particular guest as well rather than (just) doing portfolio reviews. I agree that it would be a nice-to-have, but can you imagine the work involved in typing up an hour of chat?

I wish bloggers would post transcripts! :(

I'm with you on that. It absolutely bores me to tears watching informational videos. Usually 5 minutes of intros, lots of pausing and general fucking about. Just list the price and reasoning ffs.

Seeing as it's a free service, I don't begrudge them a few ads at the beginning, the value that they give surpasses any inconvenience in my view

Certainly an interesting watch they were a bit brutal but I'm guessing it was a decent shop window anyway.
shame they don't know more about the UK sector. As I'm guessing most hear have .uk heavy lists they would be tempted to send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom