Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My first published fiction for nearly 20 years...

Reaction score
I'm really excited that my short story is going to be published in the scifi anthology "Existence is Elsewhen" which is available to pre-order now, and will come out in ebook form on 18 March (25 March for the dead tree version)

http://elsewhen.alnpetepress.co.uk/index.php/catalogue/title/existence-is-elsewhen/

It's the first thing I've had "officially" published since 1996-1997 (and most of that was non-fiction for a newspaper in Tokyo)

Any other aspiring scribes around?

Good luck with this.

I quite like writing but it always seems to be the last thing on my To Do list.

Congratulations! I will buy and read with interest.

As for me, some journalist work (mostly CD / film reviews for a paper), once wrote a novel that got publishers excited but became too lazy / bored to re-edit, etc. A few poems scattered over anthologies here and there, but for the most part I love reading what others have done rather than try to do it myself!

Congratulations! I will buy and read with interest.

Brill. Thank you. Love some feedback when the time comes...

As for me, some journalist work (mostly CD / film reviews for a paper), once wrote a novel that got publishers excited but became too lazy / bored to re-edit, etc. A few poems scattered over anthologies here and there, but for the most part I love reading what others have done rather than try to do it myself!

Looking only at the published stuff, I had about a dozen features about stuff to do in Tokyo ("Rainy Days", "Halloween", "For Free", that kind of thing), website reviews (did a few hundred of these back around 1996 - very short capsule stuff, that was translated and published in Japanese), some flash fiction (in a magazine for Japanese learners of English, of all the inappropriate venues), a column about aspects of life in Britain (ditto), plus a couple of poems and a short story back in uni days.

And now this :)

On the work very much in progress front, I've got bits of 6 or 7 novels on the go, but only in the sense that "a steering wheel is a bit of a car" i.e. there's very little to most of them so far. Some have seen movement this year, others this millennium...

Just to mention that the ebook edition has gone "live"...

Good luck

Good luck just got the e-book from Amazon

Top of my reading list on my Easter break

Stephen

I bought from Amazon (kindle version) today. Tried to do it when you first posted it but wouldn't let me do pre orders with a gift card balance, so had to wait until today as pointless paying by card when I have a gift balance.

Cool. I'm working through my own copy as I'd not seen anyone else's story until now...

Well done Edwin, will buy and let you know what i thought :)

Hi - just found enough space in the weekend to read your story, Edwin. For my £3 or so I will be going back and reading the rest.

In the mean time, well done squire - really interesting story with a free flowing style that makes it a joy to read. I quite liked a few phrases, but am reluctant to reveal spoilers.

On that note, how do I put this - I didn't see your end coming, but I am quite a fan of the Sci-Fi masterpiece with a similar ending that you've either accidentally echoed or given a very smart update to :)

Thanks, and I appreciate you keeping your comment spoiler-free :)

.... but am reluctant to reveal spoilers.

Was it that the band of geeks formed an alliance called Corn-A to battle the evil villainous rulers at Inet-Nom?
Did they combine their voting power to throw out previous Corn-A member called Destructible, who went to the darkside after being elected into Inet-nom, to act on Corn-A's behalf?
Then, in the final scenes, did Ed Win (unlikely hero name I know) battle the forces of Couk and its little brother called Uk? Everytime Ed lands a punch, did coins come flying out in a manner like 'Sonic The Hedgehog' with Inet-noms executive crawling around on their hands and knees collecting up as many as they possibly can?

Ok, sorry, it's Monday afternoon and I'm BORED :)

All names, stories and locations are totally made up, and have no representation to the real life world :)

Was it that the band of geeks formed an alliance called Corn-A to battle the evil villainous rulers at Inet-Nom?
Did they combine their voting power to throw out previous Corn-A member called Destructible, who went to the darkside after being elected into Inet-nom, to act on Corn-A's behalf?
Then, in the final scenes, did Ed Win (unlikely hero name I know) battle the forces of Couk and its little brother called Uk? Everytime Ed lands a punch, did coins come flying out in a manner like 'Sonic The Hedgehog' with Inet-noms executive crawling around on their hands and knees collecting up as many as they possibly can?

Ok, sorry, it's Monday afternoon and I'm BORED :)

All names, stories and locations are totally made up, and have no representation to the real life world :)

no, sorry, i think i must have missed those scenes. was there a director's cut or special edition you saw? :grin:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom