Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My service, opinions please :)

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by doodlebug, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

I have set up a page on my domain sales website offering a service called SEEK AND FIND

Basically a business looking for a domain name but don't know which one or where to look ?

I find it for them, i am charging different rates depending on length of time given to find a name, no suitable name found, no fee.

Please take a look Seek and find

Opinions please :)

Thanks Andy :cool:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

Removed. Filler text

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  4. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Removed - filler text.

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's a service people would pay for? Any evidence to suggest so?

Johnny

6. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

True Dale. Heavy night last night :mad:

BTW, Dale's post edited at my request. Not the brightest comment I ever posted and would rather be allowed to forget it :)

Rob.

7. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Hi, Johnny

No evidence, just thought if a business needs a name and most businesses don't have a clue about domains then i could find suitable ones for them.

It's not going to harm having it on my site.

I'll see how it goes ?

It may result in more domain wanted threads on here = more sales for other Acorners.

8. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

I think perhaps you could do with expanding the details of your service.

- The benefits of using your service
    - Importance of getting a good name
    - Why you are qualified to do this, your extensive contacts in the industry, experience etc.

- Rob

9. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Yeah, Thanks Rob

I'll put some more info on there and explain that i have been in domaining for 4 years and by being on several forums and domain selling platforms i have easy access to a variety of domain names.

Plus i'm quite established on here, not going to mention the forum names though as that would go against me.

Not sure if my prices are ok but each name will take some work.

I'll try it till the end of the year and see.

Thanks for your reply :cool:

10. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

Design wise it looks pretty awful IMO...sorry:(

You have to ask yourself, would you put your trust in a service, with a website that looked like that, and would you hand over money to a company with a website that looked like that?

If you can honestly say you would then fair enough, but there is a reason why most successful business's / services have a half decent looking website.

If you haven't got the design or programming skills then in my opinion you should go for clean simple layout and forget the graphics, because they don't look good, or get yourself a cheap template, or get someone to do you a cheap landing page.

D

11. dw1973

dw1973 Active Member

I think it's a good idea, but will take some marketing to target the right kind of audience.

I'd agree on the website design comments above as well, but I'd also change the wording along the lines of "Seek and Find is a new service to help businesses find the ideal domain name for their web presence. Using our expertise and experience in the domain name trade we'll scour the internet to find the perfect domain name for you. Where possible we'll offer you a selection of quality names to choose from etc etc"

I'd also make it clear that your fee is on top of the fee to be paid to the domain seller.

12. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

I know, these are about all i can manage being self taught, September i'm starting a course so should be able to imrove on this, i use a script module to edit my pages as i can't quite understand where to edit in the source ATM.

Yes, i like what you say about the seek and find description, i have said they need to state their budget for the domain aswell as the fee, but i will make it clearer that they are seperate.

Thanks for your replies :cool:

DW : Bolton hey, i use to live in Great lever :wink:

13. ddwebguru

ddwebguru Active Member

With this design, I do not think you will be able to convince people. Better to opt for a redesign before doing anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.