Domain Manage

MyAffSite.co.uk - New Ownership/ New Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by Rhubarb, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

Hi folks,

I am pleased to be the new owner of MyAffsite (My Aff Site UK - Run your own affiliate shop), a website I know a fair few of you are familiar with since its relatively recent launch into the UK market.

I have now taken over the site from Chris, who has done a sterling job of creating an excellent tool for both affiliate marketers and domain parking. Chris will remain onboard to sort out any technical issues over the next couple of weeks, but I thought I would post afresh to introduce myself as the new owner and to open a new discussion on moving the website forward.

I am aware of a number of issues, and have already drawn up a shortlist of potential development features covering functionality, design and SEO, but I would really appreciate any feedback from current (or past) users on what you would improve and what you think should be prioritised.

Cheers!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member4

retired_member4 Banned

No1 on your priority list should be to update all revenue stats and make payments :)

4. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

Fagend,

I believe Chris has already promised to do this on another thread. You will not go without payment, I guarantee that (even if it was before my time so to speak).

Now, let's move onto ideas and suggestions for making the solution better so we can all use it to increase revenue.

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

As you know, I think the SEO is the biggest problem with a lot of stores not showing up in serps even though the store is fully indexed on Google, that would be my priority to fix that before anything else.

On another note, visitor stats, at the moment, myaffsite only shows what the visitor numbers are, not where the traffic actually comes from.

At the moment, when you go to your stores control panel and go to the settings page, there are boxes to add the page title, description and keywords for the meta tags. Would it be possible to add a new box on the settings page to enable store owners to add Google analytics code to track visitors properly?

6. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

Thanks mate,

When you say 'not showing up in SERPS' do you mean at all, or in a high position? Do you have an example of a site that is under-performing against a competitors webpage on a specific keyword with similar backlink quality? (PM me of you prefer). I would like to do some testing on this.

Onto Google Analytics and other tracking, it is imperative for any affiliate site to be able to determine traffic source, etc, and so yes, this will be done as a priority.

7. retired_member4

retired_member4 Banned

To be honest, I found the sites ranked quite well with myaffsite, especially if you used the 1 click model and had about 100 products on the homepage. Would probably rank even better with the 2 click model but less click throughs for the cookie :)

Congrats on the purchase of myaffsite Dave, I'm sure it is a great investment.

8. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

By the way, I should also say that you can already install most Analytics codes if you are using a 'description' as you can simply add the tracking installation code into the description box.

Just be aware that if you want to track every page a user visits, it should be placed on a description on one of the nav bars and not on the central section (which only displays on the home page).

PM me if you have any queries (to keep the thread on-topic).

9. boxerdog United Kingdom

boxerdog Well-Known Member

i must agree that i think they rank pretty well at the moment.
    would be nice to know where the visitors are coming from.
    would be nice to be able to put adsense on as well. <-----;)
    the trouble is i think the pages look far too empty/plain/boring

overall i like the programe and think its got some great potential

10. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

Cheers Fagend, much appreciated.

11. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Active Member

Well, as mentioned, you can already add analytics or traffic stat code into the decription box, and you can also add Adsense in the same way.

In terms of the pages looking boring, I agree that additional commercial-qulaity templates are required and this will be done as a second update following some functionality changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.