Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

MyAffSite suggestions and feedback

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by springer, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. springer United Kingdom

springer Active Member

There has been a fair amount of criticism of MyAffSite. The site has excellent potential and I think it would be good for users of this service to help it move forward and improve.

The aim of this thread is to include all suggestions for improvement. Also, any positive feedback from users and tips on using MyAffSite, increasing traffic and search engine performance etc can be posted.

I will update the below list with more suggestions and action taken by MyAffSite on each.

Suggestions:
    - To indicate to members the commission that they will receive per sale from merchants.
    - MyAffSite affiliate programme for referred new members. Coming soon
    - More detailed traffic stats - such as origin of visitors. Coming soon
    - MyAffSite USA - coming soon
    - Use more than one word in the filters for search results
    - Products with no images to not show on homepage (despite correct settings).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I think the main down side of stores on myaffsite at the moment is, they are not showing up well in Google results.

Some of the bike domains in my sig are result number 1 on Yahoo search and others are listed on page 1, but nothing at all on Google, having said that, a week or so ago my bmx bikes site appeared on page 2 of Google for about 2 days, then it suddenly vanished again :confused:, but I did notice a surge in visitors for those 2 days.

If something can be done SEO wise to get better ranking on Google, that would increase traffic and revenue, I have asked Chris in PM if there is anything that can be done about that.

4. springer United Kingdom

springer Active Member

I have to admit that my site ranks quite well in google - on page 1 (just!). Interestingly, only on page 2 of Yahoo.

Something that may help with SEO is creating a blog associated with the shop and updating it with product-related news. Also, if there are existing blogs in your field to maybe contribute a post in return for putting a link to your shop in the post.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. Systreg

How old is your domain, and how long have you had it on myaffsite?

When I first put my domains on as stores, some showed up on page 1 of Google, "mountainbikeframe" and "carbonbikes" for example, they have not been seen since, last time I checked, my other frame site, "mountainbikeframes" has now appeared on page 15, and "carbon bikes" was on page 5 or 6 for a couple of days, but has vanished again.

6. springer United Kingdom

springer Active Member

Site has been a MyAffSite store since January. It did drop out of google for a few weeks but has been rather consistent for last month or so.

However, I am continually adding backlinks to the site using the technique described above --- an associated blog, doing guest posts on other blogs and commenting on other blogs. Think that helps somewhat.

7. retired_member4

retired_member4 Banned

I'm still waiting on feedback from Chris following his PM last week. He really should get his finger oot and start following up the criticism because it is a decent system, but will go tits up with no users.

8. greatestdomains United Kingdom

greatestdomains Active Member

PM sent to FagEnd

- Thank you to DomainDailyUK for starting a new thread :)

Whats coming

- Mass Update today which will have over 3 million products. Which includes over 50 new Retailers
    - Payouts via Google Checkout
    - We have optimized the sites and database so that they load much quicker
    - My Aff Site USA (for all the .com's and any other usa relevant domain names.

Please keep posting your suggestions here and I will add them to the system.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  9. retired_member4

retired_member4 Banned

Thanks for PM info

The USA feeds would be handy. I've got a load of .coms making nowt parked, and can't be bothered developing :)

10. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

About half the products on my site don't have images, even though i have set it up to NOT show products without images?

Also the keyword 'trainers' shows no results, considering my site deals with urban clothing and there are hundreds of pairs of trainers being shown, this seems a bit strange, so when a customers clicks on the quick link for trainers they get 0 product....any suggestions Chris?

I had 497 views in March, with 32 clicks and 0 orders, this is not a good conversion rate.

11. dw1973

dw1973 Active Member

I've not had a brilliant conversion rate either but logged in today for the first time in a month to find £1.97 pending commission from 2 sales. It's not amazing but it's a start.

The best improvement for me would be being able to use more than one word in the filters for search results.

12. greatestdomains United Kingdom

greatestdomains Active Member

- Each retailer page tells how much is paid per sale eg;Mattress Man Affiliate Shop Program Products

- Affiliate programme is being worked on at the moment

- This will be added and will tell you the exact page they vistor lcicked through before buying

- My Aff Site USA is almost ready. We are just finalizing arrangments with our network.

- Each network name there no image files different. So we have to edit these as we find them.

13. springer United Kingdom

springer Active Member

Thanks for responding to the suggestions.

Is the commission shown what will be paid to us - or do you need to deduct your commission from the figure shown?

14. Systreg

@ DomainDailyUK, yes, Chris takes his % before the commission goes on our stats pages, so we get the amounts that are showing as pending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.