Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Namedrive company

Discussion in 'NameDrive' started by domainpro, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainpro

domainpro New Member

Namedrive is not trustworthy. They did not pay me. Then I tried to call them. In the US, there is just some other mailbox, the German number is not reachable.

Beware!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Couple of possible reasons...

Maybe they dont like you.

Maybe your not over 16 years of age.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

They paid me. They've paid dozens of other people who've posted on public forums. They've no doubt paid hundreds or thousands of people who haven't posted.

If you're in a minority of one, then generally YOU are the problem.

5. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member

I have no connection with NameDrive other than being a satisfied customer. I have dealt with them for a couple of months and in my opinion they are a reliable and well run company, and I have no reason not to trust them.

I cannot say the same about an anonymous person making a first post here whose sole intention it seems is to discredit them.

6. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

tell who you are and where you are from ? then maybe people on here and Ed will help.

7. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi there DomainPro,

Sorry to hear you haven't got your money or couldn't get in contact with us. If you send me an email or a PM, then I'll send you our contact number, I'm not too keen to put in on a forum.

Just looking at the email address you used to sign up to this forum with, it seems there is one account on NameDrive with that email address:

Created: September 1st
    Last Login: September 10th
    Domains entered: 0
    Parking Revenue: $0.00
    Country of residence: Russia
    Telephone Code of given phone number: 0037 (East Germany!! Now defunct)
    http://www.wtng.info/ccod-37.html

Your phone number doesn't work either. The German phone number on our website is our old number. We have since moved office and, to the best of my knowledge, we removed the German number from our German-language site some time ago. We will update it this weekend. I will admit that that is where we were wrong in this issue.
    The address is where we are incorporated in the US.

Please send me a PM or an email and I will gladly clear up any specific questions you have, though it seems there is little for me to clear up.

Ed

8. lesurf United Kingdom

lesurf Active Member

Shouldn't posts like this just be removed, surely they are defamatory as they are totally ungrounded and potentially damaging to a company's name and reputation.

9. rob

rob Founding Member

I think it is useful keeping them public, as it shows a complaint then namedrive dealing with it and showing if it is true or not.

Posts being deleted often point to things being hidden rather than keeping things out in the open.

Plus its always good to read about a decent battle ;)

10. NameDriver

I was actually thinking of asking you guys whether the thread should be closed or not before asking admin to do so. Obviously, the thread title doesn't look so good but once it's read and people see that you guys are sticking up for us makes it look slightly less disasterous.
    At any rate, I don't think the thread should be closed until Mr. Pro has a chance to respond. How bizarre that someone from 'Russia' should choose Acorn to slander us in the UK rather than one of the more prominent places in the US. Strange. I'd be interested to see if admin knows what country the IP used for the account is from. East Germany most probably.
    If Mr. Pro does have an issue, then we will resolve it asap but I am first waiting to hear from him.
    Ed

11. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Ed,

Yes we know what Country they are from but we respect our members privacy on here and do not disclose any information that is not already in the public view.

We will monitor the thread closely and see what develops.

Admin

12. meinthecorner

meinthecorner Active Member

To be honest when I see a thread in a forum with a a subject title such as this I generally take them with a pinch of salt. I've lost count of the number of times I have come across this type of thing only to just pass the complaint off as a confused punter. Quite often you only see the customers side of things and how they want you to see them in all its exaggerated form.

Its nice to see a rep from the quoted company standing up and defending itself, which to me only shows the company in good faith and willing to assist and resolve an indifference. Well done Namedriver.

13. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

I think the responses of satisfied Namedrive users - including myself - will quickly show how well Namedrive run their business.

you never know it could turn into the best bit of 'free' advertising ever!

Stephen

14. domaingenius

domaingenius Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of your competitors not happy with you taking their business ?.Either way in UK it would be actionable libel and it would be for the party posting the message to prove that it is true, not the other way around
    SG

15. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Put it this way my revenue is up about 500%, I have been emailing Ed at namedrive and HE responds. He asks me if I am satisfied, if there is anything he wants more from namedrive, then does it.

I recommend them and Ed to everyone I meet (with domains obviously ;) )

16. NameDriver

Thanks for the support everyone. Ratboy, if you'd like to recommend me to everyone you meet for any other activities, I am also open-minded...

On a serious note, as far as libel is concerned, we're not that bothered by the statement because it hasn't yet been corroborated and we're absolutely confident it won't be.
    I'd sincerely like to think that it's not anything to do with any other company. Seems like it would be a little bit of a crass, clumsy bit of foolishness.
    It's easy to be suspicious that one of our very first 'customers' finds out about us in Russia on the day we launch in the UK and Germany, does nothing in his account for 3 months and then claims we've defrauded him at 5am on a Saturday morning on the forum where we have great support.

All very strange and still hoping that DomainPro replies to this.

Ed

17. zee United Kingdom

zee Well-Known Member

ppc operations

between slander for name drive [ i don't use but resprect ] and sedo I use having dos troubles ,i'm curious , is it mainly european operations having trouble ?, not any ' established ' US comps.

18. NameDriver

It certainly seems there are odd things afoot, still thinking of the DDOS attack against us when we were only 10 days old which was clearly aimed at wiping us off the map rather than a schoolboy prank.
    But I don't think too much can be read into Domainpro's comments and, while it would be seen as slander on this board, that sort of stuff happens all the time on the less reputable boards. I've been representing on forums for around 10 months now and there are some less-than-decent people on some of them, but you just have to get on with it. What a pity my 100th post had to come in the middle of this thread!
    Anyway, we're just going to continue plodding along doing our thing until even Zee will respect and use us ;)

Ed

19. James United Kingdom

James Active Member

I personally think the thread title should be changed. If I hadn't clicked to read here I would have associated Namedrive with fraud, on a subconscious level at least.

20. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Yep, dont think this page being spidered helps anyone, especially from someone with no history of posting decent honest threads, from another country with no trading history.

21. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.