Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ndparking.com Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
fred said:
I have often reg'd a new domain, set the nameservers and had it working within minutes so why shouldn't that be the same in this case?

You're talking about .uk domains where the .uk zone is updated much more quickly.

the .com root zone only gets updated once each day.

BFTUK said:
Not working in sunny Dorset!

Nope, firestars is seeing the .com root zone well ahead over the rest of the world.

I doubt you'll see it working today.

olebean said:
my .co.uk's are not working, nor are any other extension

I don't know the system they're using but everything appears to be dependant on the single domain that expired last week.

Can you let me know one of your domains and I'll see if I can work out why it's been such a major problem.

Not working for me yet either but I'm not too concerned as I'm confident we'll be compensated. This is one of the reasons I stick with Namedrive.

netserve said:
I don't know the system they're using but everything appears to be dependant on the single domain that expired last week.

Can you let me know one of your domains and I'll see if I can work out why it's been such a major problem.

It's quite simple really.... if the domains are being forwarded, rather than setting the nameservers to namedrives, then the forwarding address is ndparking.com/domain.name

Therefore, if ndparking.com stops working, ANY domain that is forwarded will not work.

fred said:
It's quite simple really.... if the domains are being forwarded, rather than setting the nameservers to namedrives, then the forwarding address is ndparking.com/domain.name

Therefore, if ndparking.com stops working, ANY domain that is forwarded will not work.

Outch, I'm surprised that anyone is parking using web forwarding, I'd have expected a proper dns hosted job?

netserve said:
Outch, I'm surprised that anyone is parking using web forwarding, I'd have expected a proper dns hosted job?

Namedrive let you do both. I do forwarding as it allows me to move domains instantly rather than waiting for dns propagation. It also means my nameservers are shown on the domains instead of namedrives and I can use meta kewords, descriptions and titles on the framed forwarding page to try to boost my rankings (it does make a diference!)

If I was really clever, I'd point all my domains at sedo while namedrive isn't working, and get both earnings from sedo and compensation from namedrive :D

fred said:
If I was really clever, I'd point all my domains at sedo while namedrive isn't working, and get both earnings from sedo and compensation from namedrive :D

Yeah and by the time you'd changed them to sedo it will be time to change them back again......Changing forwarding for 200 or so domains can take a while! :???:

I use forwarding for the same reason's as you Fred, ....What criteria will namedrive use for compensation?.....average Hits? Same day last month?
How do they work it out?

Also the long term implications of this are people may hit your parking page get nothing and never return...will we get compensated for potential loss of returning customers? :(

denchomsky said:
Also the long term implications of this are people may hit your parking page get nothing and never return...will we get compensated for potential loss of returning customers? :(

The new parking pages are good but not that good ;)

-aqls-

denchomsky said:
Yeah and by the time you'd changed them to sedo it will be time to change them back again......Changing forwarding for 200 or so domains can take a while! :???:

1 SQL update query on my database would change 200 domains over in seconds. :mrgreen:

fred said:
.... and I can use meta kewords, descriptions and titles on the framed forwarding page to try to boost my rankings (it does make a diference!)

Thats an intersting point, perhaps one for a new thread.

I've never given frames any SEO value. We've got about 8000+ domains using web forwarding for clients that include keywords, descriptions etc but I don't think I've ever seen one of them that had any real decent search engine traffic.

Can someone prove me wrong? :)

Hello,

I cannot apologise enough for this. I was up at intervals through the night to check but it seems it's only just coming back online now.
It took so long, as you discussed among yourselves, as it had to propagate across DNS around the world.
This is an heinous error by our registrar. We are disgusted that they can let such a simple thing as an auto-renew. We are considering legal action and have already negotiated a registrar change with one of the most respected registrars in the world who's represented here in Vegas.
This has cost us not only in financial terms in the last hours, but also in future and for how we are perceived by customers past and present. It has been horribly frustrating to have to sit and wait for the DNS to propagate. I can only hope that you can show understanding for why this happened.

You will be fully compensated for any loss and with a bonus on top of that, there is nothing more than we can do to apologise and ensure you don't lose any money as a result of this.

If you have any questions about your individual account, you can of course contact me.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom