Domain Manage

need help! my domain

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by mattonline, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

OK, well my domains be detagged! i'm not sure why just 1and1 are rubbish

i now understand i have to payu £10 to transfer the domain to another register, i need to do this quick, anyone know of any registrationservices that would allow me to transfer domains to, i need to be quick, as my forums down, and time down will be damaging.

http://entrepreneurforum.co.uk/

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

just realised this should of been posted in the detagged section, sorry

but

does this mean that i have to wait till the 11th june befor i can transfer a domain,

This is so unfair, that i work hard trying to get people to my site and 1and1 just takes it down, i've had nothing but grief from 1and1 bad customer service, and a bad service genrally. There not fit to be a registra,there business model is so bad.

4. rob

rob Founding Member

If you like:

Fax Nominet with a tag change request to change the tag to HEY

Then drop me a PM with what nameservers you want setting (ie. new hosting / old hosting if they have not cancelled that).

Then when you want to move to a new ISP let me know the new TAG and I will do a free release.

The above is all free apart from the TAG change via nominet which is about 15 quid.

5. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

As a temporary measure you can move the domain to our Tag and we will restore the nameservers for you, which will restore your site providing your hosting is still valid.

6. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

thanks, is there a chance i could do a bulk transfer?i don't have a fax, but will email do?

and the hosting is still up, whats the link to the form i need to transfer register to

7. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

i can't log into my 1and1 account, they have deleted me i think, and i haqve no idea why

8. rob

rob Founding Member

You can do a bulk TAG move yes.

Email will do if it is scanned forms.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changeregistrar/ was the page however reading that I am not sure if their upgrade is getting in the way. Incidently it is a weekend so I am not sure if tag changes are possible manually out of hours.

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=entrepreneurforum.co.uk

It seems they have nulled the nameservers then released the name, bit of a poor tactic.

The site may still work for now due to your ISP caching the DNS?

9. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

no the sites down, :( and i can't change the registra this weekend?

will i have to wait till monday then, that isn't a problem

its 1and1 what do you expect.

and i will email the forms to nominet.

Will thenew system be all done online? do you think or will i have to fill in forms again.

And how long does this process normally take, usually.

10. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

New tag is 48-72 hours from receipt.

Longer if you pay by cheque.

11. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

ok thanks for that,

what payment methods do nominet accept for this transfer.

Credit card?
    paypal? lol

12. rob

rob Founding Member

credit/debit card and cheque

13. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

ok thanks will transfer some money into my account now,

14. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

they system is still offline, :( will give it a few more hours as they may have just opened up

15. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

If they're just detagged and not-suspended then you have 60days at least to rescue them.

I'd first send a strongly worded mail (or 2 or 3) to the ISP to reinstate your login. If there's a TAG change part to the interface do it through that. Should be automated.

First port of call is there - serious deriliction of duty!, and not spending more money at Nominet... they've got their hands full rescuing the whois database!

S

16. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

So i have 60 days, i did send a number of strong emails to 1and1 all they said was you broke our rules, and i asked why and they said to phone them, which i did and the guy i was suposed to speak to ''wasn't there'' and they said they would phone me back, and i havn't had any reply.

ISP? i'm not sure who would that be, 1and1? (sorry slightly new to this) so how long now until i can get my domain abck online, this was quite a popular forum and i can see everyone going to other similar forums, i spent 9 hard months populating this site and building it, anf for it all to come crashing down like this, because of 1and1

17. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry should have read 'Registrar' which is 1&1.

I'd ring them once more and threaten them with sending them the invoice for having to move all the domains to another registrar directly through nominet. I'd also want it in writing within 3 days what rules you broke.

What domains are they so we can check the whois.

I'd ring the support people at Nominet to ask advice. It probably won't be much different than ours, but they could put a deletion lock on the domains to stop them from going to suspended.

ATM abck.co.uk is showing as registered on whois, and a live site. Though not sure if that's due to the current issues with Nominet & detagged/suspended domains.

S

18. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

whats Abck?

the domains are...

www.entrepreneurforum.co.uk
    www.entrepreneurhosting.co.uk
    www.UAERealEstate.co.uk
    there the main domains i want sorted, as there my most developed, my page rank will be affected by this wouldn't it?

i have already noticed i have gone from the first 3 resutls google.com for the keywords entrepreneur forum to the bottom of the page, and the longer it goes on, i will gone way back. :(

the domain (as far as i know) will not be deleted they have just detagged me which is quite harsh, as i'm not sure what i done wrong, (all i actually did with the domain is point it to a forum, Vbulleting which is a legal copy as well, i still own the domain, so i jsut need to change registra now.

And contacting nominet won't help i sent them an email last week and had no reply yet.

19. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

What you need to do is get the domains retagged to a new registrar (either the one you want to move to - or just one of us on here to get you sorted - pm me if you want to use mine)

Unfortunatly, the timing is bad because Nominet are changing the systems and they are still not working:

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changeregistrar/

Once you've got it retagged, the registrar (and/or tag holder) can reset your nameservers to get you back online. That is assuming the hosting wasn't with 1&1 as well - if it was, I hope you've got a backup :???:

20. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

someone can't type ;) I can't read ;)

I agree with fred though. And hopefully you've hbacked up the vbulletin dbase.

And I'd still get 1&1 to confirm what they think you did wrong, and threaten them with the costs of moving and with lost business.

S

21. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

Thanks alot guys, my hosting isn't with 1and1 thank god, just my domains

can't type :)

and
    is a poor excuse for the word 'Back'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.