Domain Manage

Negotiating on sedo - opinions?

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by Alien, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've recently made an offer via Sedo for a .org.uk domain name.

After making a couple of offers to open the process (my 2nd of £100), I received a counter offer from the seller of £1500, with the following text (anonymised here of course):

[​IMG]

XXXXX.co.uk is the .co.uk equivalent of the .org.uk I am bidding on.

I don't value 'Estibot', so I'm just wondering how to respond to this constructively! :rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

Thanks. :D

PS: If any AD member recognises this as their domain, I'm not sure TBH, please contact me. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I'd just say that you are not an end-user, and that in your experience, Estibot valuations are not a practical yardstick for a buyer - or words to that effect ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks aZooZa, that's a good idea. I'd like to keep the bidding alive, so I'll adopt this approach! :cool:

5. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

you cant put anything derogatory on sedo because it is filtered ,i would just love to tell them there valuation is taking the piss and i would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt instrument than pay there ludicrously overvalued price,or look through the whois and contact them directly....:rolleyes:

your very lucky getting a reply from sedo i'm currently sitting on about 95% (no reply) even with £xx,xxx offers :confused:

it's about time sedo pulled there finger out and started banning people

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

LOL! :lol: I can quite understand your feelings there!

Well, I've just had a counter bid today of £1499 :rolleyes: from the seller with comments that I'm waiting to read (need approval). We'll see what the next chapter brings........:D

7. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

I really hope someone launches a service to rival Sedo. There are so many aspects to their website and service which need improving, so it shouldn't be too difficult for someone with a good offering to take their market share.

"Domains.co.uk" would be perfect name to do it with, and I personally think it would be both a better idea and generate more revenue than the leasing model. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.