Domain Manage

.net c# drop catcher for .co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Tools' started by Stephen, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

Hi

My current drop catching software runs on old fashioned pgp signed emails and thought it was time I finally re-wrote it, to use Nominet epp.

I use .net c# and was wondering if anybody has some basic script that I could develop, to use features I have in my current model, would be willing to share some concepts that I have developed over the years for the right base code, that might help you?

Rgds
    stephen

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

Can't you just drop in EPP in place of the PGP email? That's what I was going to do with my old system, but I decided to go the Linux route instead as I had a Linux box closer to Nom than my Windows box. .Net has a good XML processing capability, so should be quite a simple task to build the EPP request from the Nominet docs.

4. stevebrowne

stevebrowne Active Member

My software for catching and registration is all epp based and in c#, but I haven't looked at it for probably 2 years now! (don't use it much currently!)

The actual registration bit was all distilled into a separate DLL so that my desktop catching app and my quick web site both use the same core code to register a domain.

If you have any specific questions about talking to EPP from c# then feel free to drop me a line (steveb@quickweb.co.uk) - I'm at work during the day, so can't gaurantee an immediate answer.

5. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Have you done any tests to find the fastest language?

6. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

In binary using a hex editor? :p

7. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

fastest language?

I have not, simply have a better grasp of .net c sharp than the other languages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.