Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New domain extensions

Discussion in 'General Board' started by crazihos, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Hi,

I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I cant find it - i'm looking for info on how the experts feel new extensions like the .loans and .finance one's will impact the price of top level .co.uk domains (if at all)?

I sometimes look at premium domains but dont want to get hooked into buying some if the new extension things going to kill the prices.

Is there a thread on this i've missed?:confused:

Cheers

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mat

mat Well-Known Member

All other domain extensions = crap

4. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

there were two threads

here's one
    thread

cant find the other

yesterday

5. cat6freak

cat6freak Member

dilutedwww

All of these extra domains are just dilluted of their usefullness to the extent that a domain possibly can be. au, uk, com, net, edu and even info are household names. XXX has been a household name for years, but we can't seem to get the logic of setting adult sites to this domain. finances, etc... lol. guess what these domains were meant to do? cost.

6. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Thats great, I was worried for a while there but from what i've read I cant see how the new domains can take over from the established ones.

For example big loan companies taking brand.loans wouldnt really make sense as they already own their brand.co.uk and I cant see customers typing in .loans, they'll still either do a search on google or goto brand.co.uk directly!

The only thing is cheap.loans, cheaper.loans etc.. as keyword domains but that would depend on how google would read the .loans part?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.