Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Google ads format

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by Systreg, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Just seen there's now has a big arrow inside a box on Adsense ads where the site url used to be, the url has now been moved under the heading, ads now look like this:

[​IMG]

It looks big and obtrusive to me, can't see the point in it.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

That is probably the point. Big and obtrusive may get more clicks. Google love experimenting...

4. Systreg

Perhaps, still looks ugly, though, I wonder if we'll see more sites implementing the use of the [​IMG] image on their site menus etc to cause confusion and get more clicks :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Google would instantly throw them out of Adsense if they did that and were spotted. It's against the TOS to "incentivise" clicks by making the ads and navigation too similar, or to draw attention to ads by placing graphics near them.

6. Systreg

Yes, I'm aware of Google Adsense terms but I've seen loads of sites that already use similar arrows on menus and other parts of sites, I don't think Google would be able to do anything to those with regards to incentivising, perhaps Google should use a different symbol, or better still, stop using it all together.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  7. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

Been seeing those for a while - no idea if they convert better but judging by my stats recently they can hardly be worse.

Stephen.

8. Systreg

First time I've seen them today on mine or any other sites, they were showing the old format yesterday.

Had a look on Google and it appears they've been around for quite a while for people using android/phones, not having ever been on the internet using a phone, I wouldn't know they were already being used for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.