Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New product we've launched

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by brum, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brum

brum Active Member

Hi ,

Just got this new product into B And Q , would love some feedback on the site
    Loftstoragestilts.com . Thanks guys and girls any advice , comments appreciated

Ta

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

Ha, thats an ingenious idea if ever i've seen one!
    Think more pictures, and maybe an install video?

4. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Fantastically well done for getting into b&q nationally and a great product.

You're site however is not so great - its just the default wordpress twentyeleven theme with only slight modifications. However if theres very few people going to be seeing it then its no biggy. However if its used as a marketing tool to get more shops selling it and for those who might buy it in these shops, then you can't afford to not have a better site.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  5. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Hi mate looks OK in firefox but its completely messed up with IE9 on a wide screen monitor.
    Your nav bar is broke top section of the page is stuck on the left check all your div's are closed correctly.

6. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

Fantastic news brum - congrats. I think it's a great idea love the product.

Site is a bit basic just something a bit more professional IMO with different colour scheme.

(if you've got the budget get on 99 designs for a theme)

7. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

Great product and really well done for getting stocked in B&Q! My honest advise would be to pay $50 for a smart WordPress template from ThemeForest.net and commissioning a logo for another few bucks. If the product is well received at B&Q, I would also look to SEO and target users looking for attic insulation/storage and educating them about stilts.

All the best, mate.

8. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Hi brum,
    Like the product but the site....all over the place on iPad
    Spend a few quid on the site, the product warrants it.

9. brum

brum Active Member

@ dragon thanks
    @Ashton agreed the site is poor was put together real quick mainly for FAQ from customers

@newpbc thanks will get them to have a look and fix

@Nick agreed it is crap will get it done properly next week when I get back

@Nick agreed we have an exclusive (so cant sell on the website )with kingfisher ie b and q tradepoint screw fix .... So not really worried about seo part of the deal b and q will market product sending 5 million brouchers out to houses are product will be one of the products in that.

Sales in the first 3 weeks have been great and once we are into trade point and screw fix should easily exceed 1million pa . Took a long time getting patents , manufacture and deal with b and q but worth it ....

@stender I know...
    Thanks again guys will make all the changes next week

10. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Wow. We got a leaflet from b & q a week or so back. And this product was on it. They must like it to put it on a leaflet so soon.

We bought a few packs as we had recently bought 12 packs of flooring.

It's great if you have wires everywhere and like your add leaves room for insulation rather than squashing it like we did at first.

But £16 a pack for 4 arghhh lol

Well done fantastic product and easy to set up. Shame we don't have a huge fancy loft as I would have loved to have done more.

11. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

Great stuff Brum! Literally had an idea for a product of my own this morning, put my Dad on the task as he worked in a similar industry for a long time and he doesn't think it's a bad idea. My hit you up with an email when I start getting my patent application together.

Don't bother with 99designs, just go to themeforest, loads of high quality WP templates there for a few dollars.

12. brum

brum Active Member

@caz not sure the price should be 19.99 for 12 stilts

@Dave feel free to email me happy to share

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.