Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New to Dropcatching

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by findit, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. findit

findit Member

Hello all,

Just joined the forums have been lurking for a few days ;)

I have a few domain names booked for backorder with caught.co.uk, a couple have passed already and were registered by someone else. Obviously i dont expect to get each domain i backorder, but my question is what sort of competition is their for drop catching uk domains and what would be a reasonably % to catch.

Cheers for your help

Simon

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Depends entirely on the quality of the domains you're going after. At the top end, the competition is VERY fierce and your success rate using the public catchers will tend towards zero. Having said that, very occasionally they'll bag a big fish that somehow slipped through everyone else's hands, so if you're first in the queue often enough you can expect the occasional success.

BTW, it gets harder with every passing day. 3 or 4 years ago it was possible to drop catch great names almost daily, but now there's probably 50x as much competition as there was back then.

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

It's somewhere between 0 & 100% depending on the name.

That's a serious answer, and sums up the competition.

S

5. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Yes its very competitive and there are alot of catchers out there who will only go for 1 or 2 names a day where everything tends to get booked on caught. Most days I have 50-70 booked and then another 250 odd that may or may not drop that I have to scan.

Its very much a numbers game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.