Domain Manage

Newsense.com

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by khalidamir, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khalidamir

khalidamir Member

i need an appraisal for the following domains

newsense.com

bedclothes.com

thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Newsense isn't worth anything and bedclothes I am guessing you mean like pyjamas, I would say it's only worth something once developed but for now it's only worth reg fee.

4. khalidamir

khalidamir Member

thanks for the feedback

5. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Newsense = Nonsensical.

Bedclothes = Not an English pairing

6. khalidamir

khalidamir Member

thanks for the appraisal.
    bedclothes means bedding like blankets and sheets but it is less commonly used.

7. sdsinc Iceland

sdsinc Active Member

Newsense is brandable, it's taken in about 10 TLDs plus hyphenated version. Difficult to put a price tag on it, but I wouldn't say it's a junk domain.

8. khalidamir

khalidamir Member

thanks, anymore appraisals ?

9. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I would have said bedclothes refered to pjs/nightdress etc.

Both reg fee for me

10. khalidamir

khalidamir Member

11. Marcoose Netherlands

Marcoose Well-Known Member

Both reg fee undeveloped IMO.

12. ferpuerto17

ferpuerto17 Member

I think a lot of the people appraising the .com and .net domain names are not really realizing the potential of these names.

Domain names by themselves can be worth a lot of money even if you do not put much work into them. That is especially true of .com names followed by .net

Everything else at the moment may be worthless now, but some extensions like .in for example will be worth something in the near future, after all you have a 1.2 billion people market there.

Newsense.com has the brand potential, but I would not expect to get a huge amount at the moment. A lot more than the reg, but nothing more than very low 3 figures. The domain has some things going for it. It has been around since 1999 so it may have some residual traffic coming in. My advice is to develop the site, work a lot to get the brand out for like a year, get some real traffic into it and then you may have a real diamond in your portfolio

13. mattyr45 India

mattyr45 Active Member

How would you develop NewSense?

How much Time and Money would you spend on it?

14. domsaleuk

domsaleuk Active Member Exclusive Member

I have the same question as Matty. Also I am not being rude but newsense makes absolutely nosense to me at all ! - I can't see how or why you would brand that and I don't care if other people have registered it - where is the brand ?? I am genuinely really intrigued to know.

With regard to bedclothes.com - I think this possibly could be worth a fair bit especially if it is old ? However I agree with Bailey in the fact that it is a term that is not really used here very much these days - I think it is an older term in the UK so not worth much in the UK market - but if it is used in the USA which I don't know then there may be good value.

15. ferpuerto17

ferpuerto17 Member

well it all depends on the owner of the site. I will giive you the best example.

Amazon.com

If you did not know what amazon.com was would you guess that they were a huge store online? Of course you would not, but through branding it became what it now is and now people insead of thinking of the Amazon River of the Jungle, they think of the website.

The branding depends on the person doing it and how great they are at marketing. The word "new" on his domain name is good enough to develop and while "new sense" does not automatiacally "make sense" it does not mean that it cannot be developed into something good. He just needs to be creative about it.

16. MikeJDS

MikeJDS Retired Member

17. Marcoose Netherlands

18. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

"well it all depends on the owner of the site. I will giive you the best example.

Amazon.com

If you did not know what amazon.com was would you guess that they were a huge store online? Of course you would not, but through branding it became what it now is and now people insead of thinking of the Amazon River of the Jungle, they think of the website."

If you throw enough money at branding a name and you base it around good business ideas and operations you could make any name successful but that doesn't mean every name is worth a lot.

It's just like picking a name out of thin air (as long as it wasn't vulgar or offensive), then telling others it "could" be worth a lot of money. You can't argue against that point but using that theory any name would be just us good as any other, if you had enough money to brand it. Do you have amazons budget to do so?

19. ferpuerto17

ferpuerto17 Member

Amazon did not have the budget that they have now when they started. My point is that it can take some advertising, and I mentioned that. But to say that the domain which he is asking about is not worth more than the registration is wrong. It is not as if it is an extremelly long name that could not be branded.

That is my point

20. Marcoose Netherlands

Dude. The word Amazon is an actual work even though it isn't directly related to ecom, it sounds fun and nicely represents a grand business venture due to the sheer size of the Amazon rainforest.

Newsense sounds like nuisance which is a negative word. Besides, because it contains the word "news", there isn't much else you could realistically do with the domain and im sure if someone was going to devote their time to creating a news site, there would be more sensible options out there for them.

Coose.

21. ferpuerto17

ferpuerto17 Member

And you do not think that "nuisance" could in fact be part of a marketing strategy? It is about vision. I am telling you it is not as bad as you are all making it out to be. It is a .com, if it were a .co.uk then I could see it notr having much of a chance, but .com has a better reach and a wider audience.

but whatever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.