Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nice one PayPals mastercard/charge card

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by Bailey, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Nice Move PayPal :)

Arrived this morning, I'd only requested due to their simple " Just tick this Box" /"Nothing to fill in"/ "No Charge"

Yet reading the T&C's this morning that came with the card I was pleasantly Surpised.

Direct access to your PayPal Balance. (access your money anytime/anywhere)
    NO Charges for on-line (or more importantly) merchant/shop transactions.(Including abroad)
    £2 charge for ATM or Bank Counter withdrawals (£3 abroad)

My card does state it's a 'business account' (so not sure if the T&C's are different for a personal cards (I seem to remember Paypal were offering three-levels of Card)

But for just saying 'Yes" it's a very welcome addition to PayPals services

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. viceroy United Kingdom

viceroy Active Member

Where exactly was that tickbox? us or uk? just missed the card option before they stopped offering it and have been waiting for them to start it again, unless i've missed something?

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

I was invited to this using my business account a while back. Always suspicious with 'invited' things but this would be useful to pay Nominet invoices without having to transfer money to my main business account first.

5. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

Where can I get one of them or find more information?

6. icoslaw United Kingdom

icoslaw Active Member

I got my as well.. came today:) do you think there is no monthly fees?

its something like £5 paper bill fee but what if i don't want paper bill?:) i can't see option there:(

7. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Theres No Monthly fees on the card i got Icoslaw and i'm sure thats across the board. As the T&C's seem to be written (and mention) all cards

Internet access to your account and statement is free (which will be your normal paypal account anyway) - You have to request a paper statement. There would be NO requirement for an 'Issuers' printed statement unless you needed it as a 'legal document' for personal use you'd just print your own statement

There are three levels of card. I just ticked the one with all the maximum limits - hence the reason It would've been the Business card'.

It's fully funtionable (unlike most of those Prepaid cards) All the obvious . Chip and pin and swipe, mobile balance check - but, with the inclusion of 'proximitey-charging' becoming more popular for Small things like local rail and bus services.

It's a very good move by Paypal. the fact theres No transaction charges (or monthly fee) is a big bonus and something I wasn't expecting. i do like to keep my internet purchases seperate, so this looks to be the ideal solution. The fact you can sell a domain and have access to the Cash in about 10 minutes (24-7) hasn't passed me by either.

I do believe the roll-out was for a limited number of cards (And possibly just 'invited' as tifosi has mentioned above) - which makes sense, while they iron-out any issues. The request box had been showing in my paypal account for a couple of weeks. - I just wondered how many others took it up ??

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I've had one of these for the last 2 months or so, very convenient actually, especially if you can't be bothered to keep withdrawing funds all the time (which soon should only take 1 day anyway). :)

9. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Thats interesting Alien - you must have been one of the very first. Activating my card this morning - i noticed it linked immediately into my paypal balance. So interested in how or why your seeing a delay ?

I was just putting a few domains up for sale so I could experience its time-lines myself ie Paypal to Paypal is usually Pretty immediate. So wanted to see if that updated to card balance in the same instant (which I had 'supposed' it would)

10. D600

D600 Active Member

They had one years ago and then stopped it. Might try this one

11. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Not sure that was quite the same thing. Prepay technologies in their various 'general spend' format have only been around a couple of years

12. D600

D600 Active Member

Good cos I didn't think the old one was any good

13. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I've used one for a month now. Kept seeing the banner when I logged in so finally joined.

At first it never linked accounts but then spotted I needed to upgrade my account to premier or business to use it.

Been great using it to pay nominet etc rather than from our personal accounts. Made accounts much more easy to do.

The touch pay feature was better than I imagined.

All they need to do now is improve their customer service and they won't be half bad.

14. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Thanks Caz - At least that explains why my account now shows 'Premier' I'd thought I'd won something :)

And your available balance updates are they immediate ? - Alien mentioned a delay

15. wb

wb Well-Known Member

Think he was referring to the delay with the standard withdrawal feature (i.e. PayPal to bank account).

16. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Thanks WB, rereading the quote in that context does make sense. Nice to see positive feedback for a Paypal service (they clearly needed one)

If you use their services, having the card once it's generally available seems to be a no-brainer. OK thats me done saying too many nice things Paypal

17. SF

SF Well-Known Member

How do I get one of these, had the old one but they stopped it this year, you was able to spend your paypal funds in any shops with there paypal card?

Is that the same as what your talking about?

18. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

It's just like a standard MasterCard. You can use it anywhere, also has the new touch pay built in. As soon as you use it the funds come out of your PayPal account.

Just type PayPal access card into google and apply.

19. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/accesscard/index.htm

this appears to be the current situation (and is possibly still limited to invite only) I've copied the link from Google but, it does have the benefit of showing the products full marketing info and FAQ's.

There are a number of changes compared to the *old card, (which just seems to have been a branded marketing exercise ie another companies product with paypals logo - and nothing else) this card however, is a direct link to your paypal account and no monthly charge A quick bargain domain sale here on Acorn last-night confirmed balance was available to withdraw instantly.

* I never had the old card so I can't really comment

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  20. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

Been enjoying my access card since January. Very nice to be able to take out my paypal balance in cash at an ATM!

21. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Just as a 'Rider' and for anybody with both a sense of humour and an understanding of 'marketing-concepts' And NOT included in the 'invite-stage'

Paypal, Clearly have been gradually releasing this card across their customer-base.

1. you don't learn anything from focusing your best customers (ie in a product launch feedback)

2. Bringing in the "real fringe" customers (into the test cycle) gives you accurate feedback, on your launch expectations.

I operate mostly at no 2 ;)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.