Domain Manage

Nokta

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by dashu1, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up in case any of you do buy a domain name from them.

Make sure that you email them and tell them to remove it from sedo and anywhere else they advertise, and to remove it from their google domain parking account.

Otherwise your new domain will still be "for sale" months later and the google domain parking may effect the ranking of your site.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Lucky Luke United Kingdom

Lucky Luke Active Member

Go on... what did you buy and how much was it? ;)

4. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

must have costed millions....

5. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

I don't want to mention it specifically, and I think it was a pretty low price for what I got, it was either £1400 or $1400 - I can't remember now, but it's been doing my nut in because it doesn't even show in the first 1000 results for the keywords in the domain name in Google, but even Yahoo has it indexed now - and they're awfully slow.

There's nothing wrong with the site, code, etc, it's down to some other factor.

I thought it might be it's history, it's changed hands maybe 4 times in 10 years, it's had ad serving software on it at one point, then has been parked on Google domain parking thing for a good long while.

My conclusion is that it won't show in Google because Google thinks it's still parked with them, or it has indeed got some kind of penalty associated to it.

Anyway, you'd think that if you bought a domain from Nokta for whatever price that they'd take it off any "for sale" websites and dump the parking, but I've had to ask them to do it.

Pretty shoddy really, lets hope their customer service is better.

6. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

I would really have to want a name to buy from them, especially when there is still thousands of decent reg free names left waiting ;)

IMO > not very professional parking them in knowing the negative effect it has on domains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.