Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet announces programme for evolving the .uk domain name space

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording of it seems clear enough - its only going to go to someone else if none of the other extension owners want it.

I can't find anything that clarifies the process of the allocation or even anything that says that there's an order (after the oldest reg rights) to the allocation. One can't assume anything when it comes to Nom...

Last edited:
"A ‘right of first refusal’ would give registrants of existing .uk domain names at the third level (e.g. .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk etc) the opportunity to secure the corresponding registration at the second level. In the event of two competing claims, the oldest current, continuous registration(1) would be given priority. The proposal is to run the right of first refusal for a 6 month period from launch."

"A ‘right of first refusal’ would give registrants of existing .uk domain names at the third level (e.g. .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk etc) the opportunity to secure the corresponding registration at the second level. In the event of two competing claims, the oldest current, continuous registration(1) would be given priority. The proposal is to run the right of first refusal for a 6 month period from launch."

Ok, so after the 6 month application period, you have 2 registered interests, oldest is a .co.uk but hasn't registered their interest, then the name would be automatically allocated to the next on the list?
Seems straightforward but I'm sure they're going to tweak this before the final proposal. If it's as easy as filling in an online form and then automatic allocation, there's going to be very little ftr which isn't going to help with their 'increase availability' stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom