Domain Manage

Nominet Anomalies

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by grantw, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed strange things occurring recently? Today I got a pro forma invoice for a suspended domain, the address was correct but the registrant name was of the previous owner 2 years ago before it dropped (the whois confirms it is in my name)!

I'm also just sorting out my renewals and noticed that a domain I sold/transferred 2 months ago is still in my name/address - I'm 99.9% certain the transfer went through at the time. Something strange is afoot!

Grant

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

yes ive had catalog of 'minor' problems - like some how odd mistakes with the registrant details being incorrect, typos etc...but this is the best one -recently I just found out some of my domains are expiring on my tag (with autorenew) and setupdirect debit etc!! :D SUSPENDED

4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

How are Nominet explaining why this is occurring?

5. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

I haven't spoken to them yet.

The transfer issue I mentioned didn't actually go through as my email with ID attached never seemed to get to the transfer agent - that doesn't excuse the fact that the Nom transfer agent hadn't bothered to chase me up after 2 months of waiting for the ID!

Grant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.