Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Being Neutral??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has nominet ever been sued for delivering a DRS to a defendant which included a slur on someone's character and therefore a defamation of character? Or in other instances as stipulated below?

As Nominet is a party to the process, their impartiality and neutrality surely comes into question when allowing a crime to be committed without evidence and as such should have been over-ruled.

I have been told by their legal team that all evidence shall stand from initial opening, right to the end and the expert will deem what he shall refer to and make public therefore making nominet a party once again to the defamation of my character.

I'm still fuming at the audacity of it all, in fact as already told to the complainant and forwarded to nominet I am quite distressed and upset by the comments made that were delivered to me by Nominet themselves and instigated by the complainant, so much so that I have asked them to withdraw the comments with great haste.

I really can't believe such lies and comments can be printed and seconded by nominet. Neutral? You just aided in a crime and defamation of my character! Perhaps I'm just tired but allowing those comments to be go on record really has upset me and made me quite distraught.

What you say is interesting. I know a bit about it at as well anyway.
I would pretty much say that Nominet could NOT rely on privilege to excuse any defamation of character,i.e. if the DRS contains any defamation of character then if Nominet host that then I would write to them and explain that you consider it defamatory and get them to remove it. If they fail to then you can consider further steps. I would NOT jump to in to any action, most certainly not libel as can be very very expensive .

DG

LeeOwen said:
Perhaps I'm just tired but allowing those comments to be go on record really has upset me and made me quite distraught.

Lee

I'm very sorry that you have been upset by the DRS process and our role in it. As we've mentioned on this board before, we are very interested in any feedback you have on the DRS. So please take the time to contact Ed and explain your concerns directly.

If you want to contact me directly then please do so.

Alright Mr Daley,

I sent a complaint last week. I'll be seeing a solicitor next week anyway, to get a few forms signed and to also see if my being upset is warranted or not. If I lose this DRS it will be a travesty and there's no hope for anybody in domaining or affiliate marketing.

Cheers
Lee Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom