Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys

Am sure it is not a scam but have received an email from nominet.org.uk assigning me an account number and asking me to login and give details and stuff, jst wanted to check it was kosher? It just seems to have come out of the blue.

Thanks for your help

I'm getting one for every domain I register, and then get a link to page that dosen't exist or something

Sounds a bit odd, thing is I regd my 60th domain today and just got sent this for the first time. Maybe some of the vets can help out here, Pen, Lee, Pred?

Cheers

Its part of the new system since the upgrade a week or so ago.

Grant

Yep, but dont bother logging in, its all a waste of time.

I still reg/delete/renew in exactly the same way I did a month ago.

all seems a waste of time, be great if all my names went into one account but it issues new account number for individuall one, Pointless for multiple domainers

If it would actually allow me to login, it might have a useful feature to merge different account numbers somehow.

If it would actually allow me to login, it might have a useful feature to merge different account numbers somehow.

It does... but you have to individually type in each domain you want to merge.. one at a time :roll:

I phoned up nominet yesterday, asked if they could mearge all of mine into one account, they said it wasn't up to them it is the job of my registrar? :???: So, baffled and confused I spoke to Heart and there reply was 'why would we do that, thats Nominet's job...'

I dont know, it all seems pointless to me, thought it would be a nice idea being able to manage them all in one place though...

Anyone else had any issues like this with the new system?

Rich :cool:

If your a TAG holder its easy..

filter: account-name = 'Example Registrant'
update: account-id = '10001'

My registrar did it all for me - there were hundreds of domains to sort out etc and they did it all :D - top stuff :)

Right, i'll get straight back onto Heart and ask them again... Jee - Thanks for the back up - if one registrar can do it then surely they can! Thanks Aqua (sorry cant remember names! - terrible) for the info.

Rich :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom