Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet error or am I doing something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Before I email Nominet, maybe someone has a simple answer to my question.

I had about £140 remaining credit left in my Nominet account, then the other day I paid my Nominet membership renewal invoice of £117.50 inc VAT, but noticed that the money has gone on to my remaining credit.

Today, I paid the invoice for last months regges and £29.37 inc VAT for my DAC for the next year, the DAC payment has also gone on to my remaining credit.

What am I doing wrong? The invoice text in the Nominet control panel says what the payment is supposed to be for, ie DAC and membership renewals, so I assume it shouldn't be going on to my remaining credit to spend on domains, someone suggested that I might have to allocate it, but I have no idea how to do that if that's correct, I can't see anything to allocate to whatever :confused:

[edit]

Just to add, I've not encountered this problem before as I've only ever paid invoices for my regged domains and that goes on my credit when paid, this is the first time I've had to renew membership and DAC.

Last edited:
I have a direct debit set up, and they just take what they want, so I don't really know what I am talking about but there is an auto allocate setting in the credit account options, could that be the answer?

Regards

Bruce

there is an auto allocate setting in the credit account options, could that be the answer?

Hi Bruce,

I don't think it's that auto allocate thing becuse it has a note under that where it says:

NOTE: Auto Allocation allows you to automatically pay invoices as they are issued, using any unallocated funds above. You will not be automatically notified when your unallocated funds are insufficient to pay outstanding invoices.

That's appears to be for use with the unallocated funds button above that if you've previously added funds to your Nominet account to use for invoices, and I don't use unallocated funds, I just pay with a card whenever I get an invoice, but I just can't work out why whatever I pay is being added to my remaining credit for me to spend, they must know what my payment is for, it says yearly membership and DAC renewals in the text of the invoice, but it goes to my credit instead, doesn't make sense at all, very strange system they have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom