Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Registrar Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone had or recieved one of these emails from Nominet?

If so any ideas what this is all about now as there seems to be more and more review this and review that rubbish these days.

Paul

Has anyone had or recieved one of these emails from Nominet?

If so any ideas what this is all about now as there seems to be more and more review this and review that rubbish these days.

Paul

I assume the email is self explanatory and if you don't understand it you can telephone them to ask? However if you are wondering whether they are out to get you, yes they are! :)

They started them at the end of september, they are reviewing everyone, it appears they are starting with self managed. Most of them appear to asking to prove your connected names, or you have names which exceed limits etc.

Thanks steve, I will have to make sure all my paperwork is in order then :)

Has anyone had there review yet.

So who's silently editing posts? Anyone going to own up?

it wasnt edited it was removed as wasnt any value to the thread.

Who says it wasn't any value to the thread?

Have you still got moderation privileges on this forum so the ability to edit or remove posts?

i have got the information i need so can class this thread as closed now before things go off track again as they usually do.

i have got the information i need so can class this thread as closed now before things go off track again as they usually do.

If you don't answer what I just asked, it's likely there'll be a presumption that the answer to "Have you still got moderation privileges on this forum so the ability to edit or remove posts?" is yes and you're using those privileges to edit or remove posts that you have no business doing. You've been caught out in the past editing posts that responded to yours because they made what you'd posted prior seem stupid.

This email you'll have had from Nominet would surely be self explanatory. Had you considered posting it with your original post?

i removed your post as it wasnt any value to the thread but i will open it again just for you to prove it wasnt edited.

there you go its back. I am not getting into anymore discussion with you so please dont waste your time.

i removed your post as it wasnt any value to the thread but i will open it again just for you to prove it wasnt edited.

Removing is making an edit to the thread. It's editorial. It's interesting to know you can still do that yet neither I or anyone else I know were under the impression you were still a moderator.

Added: If you are a moderator (and since you can remove posts it seems like you are) why don't you have the moderator badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom