Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet registrars and self managed tag - info please

Reaction score
ok, so I finally got round to setting up as a registrar (self managed I think its called) where I can just hold my own domains and reg ones for myself.
Bit of a booboo though, I didn't think about DNS which the old registrar (123-reg) had taken care of. So transferred a load of domains in and then realised I couldn't set the nameservers to some sites..

Not ideal :eek:

What does anyone else in this boat do? I am guessing there isnt a service that will do what I want without actually getting something developed?

As it stands I am going to have to use it for domain storage and transfer back domains that are actually in use as opposed to in storage. Nominet helpfile is very unhelpful.

I use DYN dns for DNS provision for my main site but I am a bit stuck with what would work for nominet?

Any ideas tech folks? thanks

I'm no expert in finding my way around the Nominet members area so hope I give the right advice but you can set nameservers in Nominet. In web domain manager, manage domains, select the domain and modify and you'll find it there. Unless you want to do them bulk which I'm not sure about.

Edit - Just checked and it looks like you can modify multiple doamins.

Thanks mate!
Most useful . Also, apologies guys just seen the Nominet forum on here. If admin would be kind enough to move this there I would appreciate it. thanks

I've recently also become a SMT and have found that the live chat within the Nominet Online services has been great for getting support on, except when you navigate away to follow their instructions and the chat disconnects!

I had the same problem on one occasion when I used live chat, I was directed to go to a certain page and the chat box vanished when I did that.

What about if you right click and navigate away in a new browser tab?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom