Domain Manage

Nominet technical blog

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by Jay Daley, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Daley New Zealand

Jay Daley Active Member

If any of you are interested in this sort of thing, we have relaunched our technical blog with a new design. We don't post a lot to it, but we do try to make it useful when we do.

http://blog.nominet.org.uk/

Any feedback most welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. jonno United Kingdom

jonno Active Member

yes i often have a quick browse.

i found the rolling window/flow control article quite intresting - an idea that i may well implement in the future myself.

4. Whois-Search United Kingdom

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

Are Nominet technical staff allowed to play with things like "Ruby on Rails" in work hours ? or are those posts made in their own time?

Just wondered if you have a development policy like say Google have http://labs.google.com

5. Jay Daley New Zealand

Jay Daley Active Member

Some and some. We want to have a similar policy but everyone is too busy at the moment. We do a lot of stuff as part of our work that is not seen outside and the blog partly lifts the lid on that. For example the article on flow control is basically how the whois/whois2/dac works.

However there are lots of things that many of us do in our own time and that also makes it on. The RoR post is one example.

I would recommend to any IT department that they publish a blog like this, since we all do things that are more 'infrastructure' than 'product', and a blog is a good way of sharing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.