Domain Manage

Nominet - Transferring legal ownership of domain

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by illtemper, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illtemper

illtemper Active Member

I'm more of a web developer than a domainer and most of my previous sales have been with top level generic domains however I'm selling one of my established .co.uk websites.

The site has reached the reserve so will sell, They are an international buyer and I don't believe they have a Nominet account so how does one go about transferring the legal ownership of a uk domain in this case?

I had a look around the Nominet site but could not see a way to sign up for a an account via the site without registring a domain first?

Apologies if this is in the incorrect forum, please report it to be moved if necessary.

Josh

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Hi. Just login to your Nominet user account and begin the transfer process. You should see an option to create a new account for them if they don't already have one, I believe.

Addition: Actually you put their email address and when they get the email they are given the opportunity to create a new account from that email sent by Nominet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. illtemper

illtemper Active Member

Ah, I feel a bit silly now as I admittedly had not logged into my account to check. Thanks for the advice and quick response.

5. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

whats the site out of interest. pm if you like :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.