Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

OCD Site

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by Alien, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Latest quickie development here:

OCD

Has anyone any other ideas on how to monetise this domain/site? Google AdSense shows relevant stuff, but would be good to list other affiliates, etc, if poss.

Comments most welcome - thanks all. :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Adem United Kingdom

Adem Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi Adem,

Lovely, thanks for that, I'll take a look. They look promising, not heard of Clickbank before.

Cheers! :)

5. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

Can't see your privacy policy for adsense? And titles would do better as text rather than images.

Love the theme and it's very easy to navigate.

Can't help with the monetisation part, but thought I'd add the other comments since this in in the reviews section :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Crikes - forgot to add the PP; will add later. Thanks for the reminder Blossom. :)

The theme (wanted this to be kept very clean) has a google font, I wonder if it's messing with my H1, etc tags.

Thanks too for the comments. :cool:

7. Adem United Kingdom

Adem Active Member

To be honest I'm not a big fan of clickbank as they have an odd payment threshold criterior (see below) and if you haven't had any sales for a while then they start taxing your account. I had about $70 in there, hadn't fulfilled their obligations, and then was taxed $10 a month which just stripped my earnings. Not used them since but they do have a really wide range of products to promote.

8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Cheers Adem - I took a look yesterday and wasn't bowled over either TBH, although it's good to look at other options available. :)

9. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

Aren't must Clickbank products crap? At least that has always been my first thought when someone mentions Clickbank.

OCD is very serious and if I would run a website about a subject like that all I wanted to do is give people the best information possible and give them plenty of options to click on links to official organisations such as the NHS.

If I had to pick a way to monetise it it would be targeted Adsense ads or perhaps a charity related to the subject.

10. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Yes, I know - hence why I developed. I have linked OCD-UK and got AdSense in; maybe I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.