Domain Manage

Ollie Cromwell

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by Whois-Search, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whois-Search United Kingdom

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

As reported in the Times:

Source: Commons link to Damian McBride smear site is red rag to David Cameron - Times Online

More on: "ollie cromwell" - Google News

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-be-a-red-rag-to-an-internet-bull-market.html

Interesting case if you think about it....

Should the 'registrar' hand over the credit card information of who ever bought it?

Will this open the whole can of worms about validating whois information?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. rob

rob Founding Member

£10k for that? I wonder what Mr Mansell would say a decent name is worth!?

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Nobody going to reg olliecromwell.co.uk then? :lol:

5. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

10k for that :confused:

Maybe the guy who tried seling StevieGerrad,co,uk could reg OllieCromwell,co,uk :lol:

Nice of Matt from Domain Monster to admit that Easily are cheaper then them :rolleyes:

6. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

How can the registration be formally accepted with false credentials? Hence my post on 'Nom Steer' Andrew.

7. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

I think the point of false credentials should be dealt with after the event or a complaint Dale.

If someone is daft enough to build a brand name or domain on false details and they are daft enough to lose it, then that's their problem

What I hope is that if someone complains against false details on a name, it isn't just transferred to a correct name via Nom. They should instantly turn it off and put it back to market via the drop system.

However what would be over the top is if nom started to ask for ID before from everyone before taking reg requests for names.

8. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I fully agree with you. This is such an obvious bad-faith registration that the turnaround/defense should be almost instantaneous. Like e.g. ebay.name or paypal.name -- no brainer really. My question is about all the controversy/debate over a daft registration which Nominet will with no doubt deal with. Why all the 'huff and puff' on Nom-Steer? As I suggested on that forum, members have more important issues to debate; ergo the DAC T&Cs... I think it's shocking that Nom have sidelined this and not given a date for an announcement.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  9. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Yep totally agree, I actually thought they had pulled my nomsteer subscription it's been quiet for over a month.

I agree I think that nominet.name issue is over reacting, maybe they are waiting for the next PAB before changing the T&C's relating to the DAC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.