Domain Manage

Overture Factor

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by ratboy, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Bored tonight, so figured I'd try and work out the Overture factor to use when trying to work out potential traffic from a domain with an Overture rating.

Currently, i'm using 14.

i.e. A domain I have with a OV figure of 21 gives me 300 hits per month on average. So 21 X 14 = 294.

I've just bought a name with a rating of 5, so I recon a measly 70 per month.

Anyone know anything I don't?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired member 1

retired member 1 Retired Member

There is no true factor, at all really.

I have 5's that get lots, 50's that get nothing.

Also domains that had nearly 100 when I registered them, the following month dropped to 7 then 30ish.....traffic has remained constant throughout.

The real test of an overture domain in my eyes (Before you register it) is if it holds it's score for 2 overture cycles or more. This is usually an indication that it will receive (some) traffic.

How much is an unknown qty, athough there is some loose correlation...granted.

I don't really pay that much attention to the scores, well it's not high on the priority list.

What you need to do is work out why a domain has an overture score, was it an old site, is there a UK company using the .com and not the .uk, is it a typing mistake or is a site simlar, is it a generic term...does the term have overture without extension..many many things.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  4. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

An evening wasted. Should have gone to the pub to look at girls like my mate said. :(

5. retired member 1

retired member 1 Retired Member

Sounds like your mate has his head screwed on :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.